Thread: MDA Copyright Infringment??

Nashville, Tennessee, United States

MDA Copyright Infringment??

I was reading a Dallas Morning News article on OCT and ran across this interesting paragraph.

"Moms Demand Action has happily circulated many of these photographs, which it lifts from the Facebook pages of Open Carry members. “When you see pictures of what it looks like, it points out how bizarre this behavior is,” said Watts of Moms Demand Action."

It appears, to this non-lawyer, that MDA is using the works of others to raise money and advance their cause. Are the photographers compensated for their copyrighted work? Are the models compensated for the use of their images?

Or, is MDA, as I suspect they are doing, using the images they "lift" (read steal) without any permission?

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    I will not use de-FB and so can't see their TOS/AUP pages. I suspect that users grant FB license to everything uploaded and so it is FB that must prosecute their rights.

In reading background on FUQ, I see that image thumbnails are a fair use, and would argue that anything less than the RAW image is a thumbnail and fair use.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-08-2014 at 06:47 AM.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    No, they do not ask before taking photos from OCT's Facebook pages, closed Facebook groups, and individuals' Facebook pages.

“When you see pictures of what it looks like, it points out how bizarre this behavior is,” said Watts of Moms Demand Action.

No it doesn't. When people see what we're doing, they thank us, pump their fists, holler, honk, give us money, buy us gifts, tell us that they support us, that they want open carry too, and tell us to keep doing it.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 06-08-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    Righteous government, or the righteous lack thereof, is the product of a righteous society, not the producer of it.

North Carolina
    I don't use facebook, and advise against it to everybody. It is a untrustworthy site for any type of internet social interaction or business.

Get a dedicated website if you do not have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

"I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

"Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."