• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some Schools will have armed officials in Yakima County

sudden valley gunner

Yep. Particularly for being labeled as first responders.

I've a local cop, hired as a cop, that has become a first responder too, EMS crew leader, that I do not trust with exigent circumstances to intrude on my curtilage.

I also know an otherwise waste of skin that has been certified CERT.

This is authoritariansim and credentialism run amok.

+1

OC Freedom

Yep. Particularly for being labeled as first responders.

I've a local cop, hired as a cop, that has become a first responder too, EMS crew leader, that I do not trust with exigent circumstances to intrude on my curtilage.

I also know an otherwise waste of skin that has been certified CERT.

This is authoritariansim and credentialism run amok.

+2

Dave_pro2a

They'll end up shooting themselves in the head ... so all-in-all, its a good law.

Bah, we'll be lucky if they only shoot their own foot.

Militarization of LEOs, and now 'Policeization' of teachers. Our .gov is really starting to get 'proactive.'

Letting Taliban out of Gitmo, but don't worry, your kids are now under lock, key and gun..

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Comparisons of how most law enforcement view the common man for carrying and the ones who carry view others moving ahead to defend our children, hypocritical! I think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Primus

Ahhh, the perks of being upper management.

They'll end up shooting themselves in the head ... so all-in-all, its a good law.

Comparisons of how most law enforcement view the common man for carrying and the ones who carry view others moving ahead to defend our children, hypocritical! I think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not so worried about them shooting themselves in the head...I'm worried about where all the missed shots will go until they finally manage to hit their target.

I'm confused. So all of you guys are against teachers carrying guns to protect kids?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

JoeSparky

Centurion
I'm confused. So all of you guys are against teachers carrying guns to protect kids?

Not me, I'm against the "state" allowing only a specific class of persons to exercise self defense or defense of children. Teachers, parents, custodians, school bus drivers, or any other person ought to have the unfetered right to defend themselves and others if and when needed no matter where they are legally present without having to wait for those in a uniform with a shiny badge to get there!

Dave_pro2a

Special Rights for thee, none for me.

Some pigs are more equal than others.

Ajetpilot

Not me, I'm against the "state" allowing only a specific class of persons to exercise self defense or defense of children. Teachers, parents, custodians, school bus drivers, or any other person ought to have the unfetered right to defend themselves and others if and when needed no matter where they are legally present without having to wait for those in a uniform with a shiny badge to get there!

+1

davidmcbeth

Banned

I would support anyone's right to carry almost anywhere at anytime... but why are they special? Can you now carry there?

Primus

I would support anyone's right to carry almost anywhere at anytime... but why are they special? Can you now carry there?

I wouldn't say they are special in anyway. It sounds like they are going to train and arm their employees. Key word train. I could be wrong though.

Dave_pro2a

Who are the pigs you are referring to?

Was this put on some sort of 'do not read' list for highschools?

animalfarm.jpg

Primus

Was this put on some sort of 'do not read' list for highschools?

animalfarm.jpg

Not sure if it was on a list, but I can say thats the first I have heard of the book. Actually had to Google it and see what it was.

Also, I can say thank you for mentioning it. I just downloaded it to my kindle for reading.

Dave_pro2a

Not sure if it was on a list, but I can say thats the first I have heard of the book. Actually had to Google it and see what it was.

Also, I can say thank you for mentioning it. I just downloaded it to my kindle for reading.

I've never read Catcher in the Rye, but I've still heard of it.

sudden valley gunner

+1