• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In MS, Chris McDaniel embodies what the GOP fears about Tea Party

HPmatt

Even el WaPo is talking about OC.

COLDWATER, Miss. — Amid the Confederate flags, the guns and the pigs — in pens and on plates — Chris McDaniel worked the Tate County Fair in search of votes in his quest to beat Sen. Thad Cochran in a runoff election in two weeks.

“I need you,” McDaniel said to Brandy Davis, before also greeting Bobby Goodwin, a heavyset man carrying a handgun, at a booth for the Citizens Militia of Mississippi. The members of the militia, whose motto is “Any fate but submission,” implored the Republican to take a hard-line stance on immigration and gun rights. McDaniel assured them that he would and that he is not “going to join any club” in Washington.​

Of course Robert Costa, just joined Washington Post from National Review, has to bow to the liberal readers with a slight to the confederacy when reporting from 'down south'. Look at the comments - typically only those with a Wapo subscription can comment w/o using Facebook. See the comments running down Reagan, Palin, Akin in MO; but I don't see any saying what a great job the Bamster has done now we've spent 25 trillion in taxes receipts that last 6 years and borrowed another 8 trillion 'to get the green shoots growing'....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...8d22ba-efe4-11e3-914c-1fbd0614e2d4_story.html