Thread: Hero of terror attack on church: 'To create a safe nation, arm the population'

Hero of terror attack on church: 'To create a safe nation, arm the population'

St. James Massacre hero Charl van Wyk is reaffirming his belief that there is a biblical obligation for self-defense with a warning to Americans of the perils of gun control.

In a newly released video interview with WND, he recounted the horrific consequences of gun-free zones on his continent.

In 1998, with his .38 special revolver,van Wyk shot back at a group of terrorists who later confessed their plan was to kill possibly 1,000 or more worshipers.

The Sunday evening service in Cape Town, South Africa, was under way when the attack happened. Eleven churchgoers were killed and 53 were wounded, but the terrorists who entered with mayhem on their minds quickly fled to a waiting car when van Wyk crouched down behind a pew, took aim and fired.

Since the St. James Massacre, van Wyk has been attacked by armed robbers three times. Each time his firearm has helped to save him. The most recent attack was when he was held by assailants who attempted to hijack his vehicle. When the opportunity arose, he fired on the attackers and drove them away.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/big-dange...cat_orig=faith
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-10-2014 at 09:51 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

So Dirty Harry Callahan is now residing in South Africa and he switched to a .38

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Riiight. Except Inspector Harry Callahan is/was not a churchman and missionary.
    http://www.charlvanwyk.info/

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Riiight. Except Inspector Harry Callahan is/was not a churchman and missionary.
    http://www.charlvanwyk.info/
    I wonder if Mr. van Wyk has "the love of Jesus (in his) pretty, green eyes"?

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/...p?topic=3864.0

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I wonder if Mr. van Wyk has "the love of Jesus (in his) pretty, green eyes"? http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/...p?topic=3864.0
    The full quote is
    "Now if I have suspicion a felony's been committed, I can just walk right in here anytime I feel like it because I've got this badge, I got this gun, and I got the love of Jesus right here in my pretty, green eyes."
    By Ben Shockley, alcoholic cop played by Eastwood in The Gauntlet, 1977. Quite portentious of today!

I actually prefer Eastwood's " Josey Wales character to all others. Best one liners ever.

" you gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie"

And my favorite-

Wales to bounty hunter--" Dying ant much of a Living Boy"

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".

Or another

There's a time for talking and a time for shooting. When time to talk, talk when it time to shoot ,shoot.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Banned
    Ha...whenever I run into antis that are not going to change their minds, I just tell them that Jesus told me that owning guns is goood. So they can argue with Him.

Campaign Veteran
    You'd better be armed in South Africa! One of the items of "hope & change" since Apartheid ended: Crime rates climbed big-time, especially violent crime.

Even the cops get killed at a higher rate than previously and has become an even more dangerous career-choice there.
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 06-11-2014 at 01:39 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    I actually prefer Eastwood's " Josey Wales character to all others. Best one liners ever.

" you gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie"

And my favorite-

Wales to bounty hunter--" Dying ant much of a Living Boy"

CCJ
    The Good, the bad, the ugly was excellent too. All his westerns were - never made a bad one.
    GBU quote:
    “You see, in this world there’s two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.”

Another Wales quote:
    “Don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining.”
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 06-11-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The Good, the bad, the ugly was excellent too. All his westerns were - never made a bad one.
    GBU quote:
    “You see, in this world there’s two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.”

Another Wales quote:
    “Don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining.”

Boy to Josey, we gonna bury em pilgrims Josey, Hell no Boy,buszerts gotta eat same as worms..

davidmcbeth

I must disagree on a few of his western,,, " Two Mules for Sister Sara" was horrible and " Bronco Billy" was equally as horrible...

They were the only horrible movies Mr.E made...

I watched hang em high last night... " When you hang a Man you better look at em" = Great movie.

Regards

CCJ