Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Indiana sheriff on MRAP purchase: ‘America has become a war zone.’ CSPOA member?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,148

    Indiana sheriff on MRAP purchase: ‘America has become a war zone.’ CSPOA member?

    https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...VIQn7hXKOvpc2M

    “The United States of America has become a war zone,” Sheriff Gayer said. “There’s violence in the workplace, there’s violence in schools, and there’s violence in the streets. You are seeing police departments going to a semi-military format because of the threats we have to counteract. If driving a military vehicle is going to protect officers, then that’s what I’m going to do.”

    Pulaski County, home to 13,124 people, has obtained several trucks, a snow camouflage parka, a “ballistic blanket” and night vision sniper scopes, the paper reported.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-has-become-w/

    No, Pulaski County Sheriff Gayer is not a CSPOA member. It would be interesting to know just how many CSPOA have also suffered the gift of an MRAP. All are familiar with the idiom and origin of a White Elephant.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  2. #2
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Pulaski County, home to 13,124 people, has obtained several trucks, a snow camouflage parka, a “ballistic blanket” and night vision sniper scopes, the paper reported.

    All probably paid for with monopoly money from the feds.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I wrote the big mouth sheriff and thanked him for obtaining the equipment .. now I know where to get one !

  4. #4
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Does any amount of 'crime' ever actually rise the state of a society to the condition of warfare? I think not. He's playing with words to justify his otherwise unjustifiable actions. Maybe just like the 'war on drugs,' 'the war on terror.'

    I'd be willing to be that in none of the situations he mentioned, would any of their military style vehicles be the first on scene. I'm betting their main use will be in serving warrants.

    A call for a shooting a theater comes in, does anyone believe that slow, clunky truck is going to be first on scene? Or is it going to be some patrol officers in a marked cruiser, just as before? If it isn't the first on scene then how is it protecting the officers from the threat?
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 06-11-2014 at 08:22 AM.
    Advocate freedom please

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,148
    Sheriff Gayer's statement, anyway, does not cite or refer to crime as his rationale, but uses violence. His hypocrisy verges on kill a citizen for peace (a la kill a commie for christ).

    "Does any amount of 'crime' ever actually rise the state of a society to the condition of warfare? " Given the government's power of defining crime as it will, yes. When dissent and resistance become (defined as) criminal and forcefully put down, then civil war is impending.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-11-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Does any amount of 'crime' ever actually rise the state of a society to the condition of warfare? I think not. He's playing with words to justify his otherwise unjustifiable actions. Maybe just like the 'war on drugs,' 'the war on terror.'

    I'd be willing to be that in none of the situations he mentioned, would any of their military style vehicles be the first on scene. I'm betting their main use will be in serving warrants.

    A call for a shooting a theater comes in, does anyone believe that slow, clunky truck is going to be first on scene? Or is it going to be some patrol officers in a marked cruiser, just as before? If it isn't the first on scene then how is it protecting the officers from the threat?
    Well said. And I agree.

    This guy is an idiot if he thinks him and his guys are at "war" with anyone.

    I would also submit that comments, actions, behaviors, such as his would be more likely to PUSH citizens to war which is a really bad idea.

    That one mrap would NOT help if it was a war.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Of course they are at war, it doesn't rise to the level but they are....

    Massachussettes people are very well aware of the war, if they are not blind.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Of course they are at war, it doesn't rise to the level but they are....

    Massachussettes people are very well aware of the war, if they are not blind.
    Lol

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Aww - - NO KIDDING!!
    I'm ready .. are u?

  10. #10
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I'm ready .. are u?
    No one is.

    Most especially the guys who say "I'm ready .. Are u?"

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    No one is.

    Most especially the guys who say "I'm ready .. Are u?"

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    One can only plan, train, and have equipment available ... that's as ready as you can be ... unless you are ready to go on the offensive.

    I'm ready....and others are too.

  12. #12
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    No one is.

    Most especially the guys who say "I'm ready .. Are u?"

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    We know which side you are on.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Lol

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    So you find the wholesale destruction and trampling of civilians liberties amusing?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    So you find the wholesale destruction and trampling of civilians liberties amusing?
    Negative. Only thing amusing is you. In a sad way...



    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Negative. Only thing amusing is you. In a sad way...



    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Lol!!!

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,148
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    We know which side you are on.
    Yes, many are lining up for positions in the Volksgenossen.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  17. #17
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,270
    Cops are better protected when the law abiding citizenry is visibly armed.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  18. #18
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Negative. Only thing amusing is you. In a sad way...



    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Yea sure wanna try again?

    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  19. #19
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Yes, many are lining up for positions in the Volksgenossen.
    The state has always had willing folks who will line up their fellow civilians on the edge of the ditch....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  20. #20
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    The state has always had willing folks who will line up their fellow civilians on the edge of the ditch....
    But, but, but, "they were just following orders!"
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  21. #21
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    But, but, but, "they were just following orders!"
    but but but it was for freedom and liberty....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  22. #22
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    but but but it was for freedom and liberty....
    But, but, but, It is for your safety!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 06-14-2014 at 05:15 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  23. #23
    Regular Member Uber_Olafsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    585
    Well one possible good thing is that if the martial law thing ever kicked in and we had those in these positions that actually followed their oaths then the so called how would you defeat military equipment would argument would tale a radical turn. The answer would be with military equipment. Now only if they would give us some surplus F-15s and A-10s.

  24. #24
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber_Olafsun View Post
    Well one possible good thing is that if the martial law thing ever kicked in and we had those in these positions that actually followed their oaths then the so called how would you defeat military equipment would argument would tale a radical turn. The answer would be with military equipment. Now only if they would give us some surplus F-15s and A-10s.
    Hmm is flying a fighter jet as easy as in the video games lol jk I'm sure we'd get the patriot pilots with them
    Advocate freedom please

  25. #25
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    But, but, but, It is for your safety!
    lol.........of course!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •