• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Amendment takes a hit in Lake Ozark.

logunowner

Our Constitution took a hit tonight at the Lake Ozark, Mo. city council meeting. By a vote of 4-2 the council voted that Lake Ozark has no need for the 2nd Amendment within the city limits, open carrying a firearm is now Prohibited. Members cited that they are afraid of guns and see no reason why a person just can't rely on the Police. My wife and I where very impressed with Alderman Betsey Browning as she tried to convince other members that the Constitution does stand for something and is bigger than Lake Ozark. Her and Alderman Gerry Murawski voted against the proposed ordinance.

kcgunfan

Depends, but it's not full preemption, so your analysis isn't quite correct.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

logunowner

It saddens me that I can post on a Missouri Open Carry thread that a city in this state just outlawed open carry and this is the response it gets. Maybe the Liberals are winning this war on on 2nd Amendment rights. Please don't attack me for speaking up, attack your selves for being silent.

rightwinglibertarian

It saddens me that I can post on a Missouri Open Carry thread that a city in this state just outlawed open carry and this is the response it gets. Maybe the Liberals are winning this war on on 2nd Amendment rights. Please don't attack me for speaking up, attack your selves for being silent.
+1

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

OC for ME

Interesting take on the lack of interest at happenings at The Lake. The issue is not me not showing up, being in the Wentzville area, but your neighbors not showing up. Work to change the board and mayor and things will change for the better. Let the board know that their "job" is on the line. Petty politicians, even petty part time politicians like the power they have and desire to keep it.

You may be surprised. Good luck.

rightwinglibertarian

Interesting take on the lack of interest at happenings at The Lake. The issue is not me not showing up, being in the Wentzville area, but your neighbors not showing up. Work to change the board and mayor and things will change for the better. Let the board know that their "job" is on the line. Petty politicians, even petty part time politicians like the power they have and desire to keep it.

You may be surprised. Good luck.
That's the problem though. Majority rules. When the majority can't be bothered to fight using their vote and the boycott of business becomes a minority effort the cause is all but lost. Too little, too late.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

OC for ME

Lake Ozark is not your typical "town." The population demographics of the residents is not conducive to maintaining or expanding liberty. It certainly does not help that the population grows exponentially every nice weekend. A bunch of "out of towners" getting all up in their cups and causing problems.

Party Cove.....you'll see what I mean.

Renegadez

Depends, but it's not full preemption, so your analysis isn't quite correct.

KC Which law are you referring to that is not a full preemption. There have been so many failures this yr. is this the backup bill that will most likely be veteod by gubnor? Just trying to keep track thanks RenZ

kcgunfan

SB656, the only bill having anything to do with OC that has made it successfully to the governor's desk.

Redbaron007

KC Which law are you referring to that is not a full preemption. There have been so many failures this yr. is this the backup bill that will most likely be veteod by gubnor? Just trying to keep track thanks RenZ

SB656, if signed or allowed to become law happens, will allow anyone with a CCW to OC, even if local municipalities have forbidden the activity. OC is still available if the municipality has not acted against it.

Redbaron007

I'm sorry for your loss.

I had thought about coming up for support; however, I ended up being out of town.

If it's any consolation, we were going to spend a few days up there this August; however, I think we will head on down to Branson or somewhere else. I may send your board members a note summarizing this. Also, I travel through there several times a month, stopping for gas, food etc.; which now may changes. I will add this to my brief message.

logunowner

I'm sorry for your loss.

I had thought about coming up for support; however, I ended up being out of town.

If it's any consolation, we were going to spend a few days up there this August; however, I think we will head on down to Branson or somewhere else. I may send your board members a note summarizing this. Also, I travel through there several times a month, stopping for gas, food etc.; which now may changes. I will add this to my brief message.

Thank-you for your note. It was hard to swallow as these alderman were giving their reasons for the removal of our rights guaranteed under the Constituation. Two of us got up and talked to the board but we had just as well talked to the wall behind us......

Another day another battle, this issue will never be resolved.

It will just be thrown into file 13 but I sent a email to the city clerk and ask that it be passed on to the mayor, police chief and councilmen that we will not be spending a week vacation in Lake Ozark as planned since they passed the anti 2nd amendment ordinance and will be going to Branson where they are more gun friendly. Also that I would tell everyone I know about Lake Ozark.

Last edited:

logunowner

It will just be thrown into file 13 but I sent a email to the city clerk and ask that it be passed on to the mayor, police chief and councilmen that we will not be spending a week vacation in Lake Ozark as planned since they passed the anti 2nd amendment ordinance and will be going to Branson where they are more gun friendly. Also that I would tell everyone I know about Lake Ozark.

Thanks so much, and thank you for believing in how important this battle really is to keep out 2nd Amendment rights in tack.

OC for ME

What is ironic is that we are near to achieving OC via a endorsement. I will go to Lake Ozark in the future, after the OC permission slip enactment, and OC everywhere. The good chief of police, and his lapdog alderman will then see that being anti-liberty did not accomplish much. The "concerns" of the local business folks and citizens will be proven to be irrelevant.

But, they did in fact affect change to a certain degree, lost revenue from those who will not patronize LO.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate

Not really much of a surprise, frankly I think you need to give yourself a huge pat on the back, a couple voted against it, that is HUGE.

I think where you are mistaken is thinking persons need to attack themselves for anything. After attending likely a dozen of such meetings and watching 100% of citizens speak against such laws and none speak for only to watch the council/alderman vote 100% for such stupidity you learn a lesson or two.

I announced the hit coming about a month ago and said I could not make it. this is just an example of what reality is sir, and I would offer that it is likely that less than 1% of the population of property owners in LO even know it happened, those that do will read it in the news letter if the city publishes such a thing.

If they do not, well lets see, when was the last time you went down to city hall and read the minutes, lobbied a position, entered a piece of legislation, or possibly even cast a vote for one of the jokers involved?

Not beating you up, perhaps you did all of that for years but a large majority of folks don't and really have no idea at all what is going on within their own communities. A lot of folks actually believe that cities are given a set of laws by the state that they have to follow and that is just how it is these days.

POINT: preaching to the choir, folks interested enough to participate in this site are not your target audience, the clueless indeed are who you must educate. Ya got an idiot and a coward for a police chief down there, he has used his cowardice to scare others into doing his bidding. Replacing that idiot will likely be required with a person of courage in order to get it reversed and it can be reversed. FYI I would not waste time on that, the key is stripping the pukes of the power to force their cowardice on others, that is the only win worth it in the fight these days.

Sorry to disappoint.

logunowner

My apologies to everyone on this forum, my passion for our gun rights obviously got in the way ability to think clear. It is not those on this forum that are not doing anything, it is as LMTD states those in the 99% of the general public that sit by and do nothing.

It was very difficult to listen to those idiots that are running that town tell us that they believe in the 2nd Amendment but just don't think it is right for us to openly carry on firearms and scare people.

For the record, I do not live in the city of Lake Ozark, but I do or at least used to shop there!!!!!!