• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SW Ohio: Cabela's looks to add location in West Chester Ohio

Midwest

Cabela's looks to add location in West Chester Ohio (Southwest Ohio near Cincinnati)

This is a good thing for everyone in the surrounding Tristate area of Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky.
According to documents filed with the planning commission, Cabela's plans to build and open a store in West Chester Ohio, a bit north of Cincinnati. Right now, the closest store is in Louisville roughly 100 miles away depending where you are in the Tristate.

http://www.fox19.com/story/25751594/cabelas-looks-to-add-location-in-west-chester

".....which would be located at the intersection of Liberty Way and Tylers Place Blvd. in West Chester, according to the proposal.The documents show a 74,000 square foot store located on an 18-acre lot. "

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
A Sharonville-based company filed preliminary plans Tuesday to gain approval to add Cabela's and prepare land for future development at the southwest corner of Interstate 75 and Liberty Way.

Tylers Place Associates LLC, a subsidiary of Great Traditions Land & Development Co., envisions a 75,143-square-foot Cabela's, a 40,000-square-foot office building and three, 6,000-square-foot restaurants to fill the site.

The plan didn't provide any information on the timeline when work could be completed. The township's Zoning Commission may hear details about the project at its July 21 meeting.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/money/2014/06/11/new-cabelas-west-chester/10323323/

Don't hold your breath.

Brian D.

Landing a Cabela's isn't as simple as getting Ronald to put up another Mickey D's. But hopefully West Chester will welcome this particular retailer, they attract a lot of customers and steadily employ a good number of people with decent jobs.

samkent

I did see the sign where a 'new' and 'larger' Bass pro is going to be built across the expressway from Ikea.
I would be surprised if Cabelas wanted to go head to head just a couple of miles from BP.

Midwest

Update To Earlier Story

Update To Earlier Story

Cabela€™s® Announces Plans for West Chester, Ohio

A followup from an earlier report from June 11 2014. Cabelas will start construction this Fall and it expects to open a year later in the Fall of 2015. The 82,000 sq. ft. store will include and indoor archery range and tech room, gun library and include a boat shop. It will be located by Liberty Way and I-75.

http://www.local12.com/news/feature...ces-plans-west-chester-ohio-store-16819.shtml

"Updated: Thursday, August 28 2014, 05:32 PM EDT SIDNEY, Neb. (Cabela's Incorporated) -- Cabela's Incorporated (NYSE:CAB), the World's Foremost Outfitter(r) of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, announced today plans to open an 82,000-square-foot store in West Chester, Ohio, serving the greater Cincinnati area."