• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's looks to add location in West Chester Ohio

Midwest

Cabela's looks to add location in West Chester Ohio (Southwest Ohio, near Cincinnati).

Well, it isn't Northern Kentucky, but we'll take it! West Chester Ohio is located a just bit north of Cincinnati but closer than Louisville for us folks up here in the NKY area.

http://www.fox19.com/story/25751594/cabelas-looks-to-add-location-in-west-chester

".....which would be located at the intersection of Liberty Way and Tylers Place Blvd. in West Chester, according to the proposal.The documents show a 74,000 square foot store located on an 18-acre lot. "

No time frame was indicated, the building has yet to be built as the documents have been filed with the planning commission according to the report.

Brian D.

That is good news. Howver not all Cabela's make it past the drawing board and get built. The company tries to negotiate certain tax breaks etc. with the local government; sometimes the two parties can't come to terms. For example the store in Wheeling West Virginia was supposed to be built on the Ohio side of the border. But the city of St. Clairsville rebuffed Cabelas by refusing to offer any tax incentives at all, the way I remember.

However I'd imagine that West Chester would welcome this big retailer/employer with open arms. The stores tend to draw customers in from a little ways off. Of course the chain is now getting to where the stores are only 100 miles or so apart in our region.