• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

smooooothe move, exlax.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

chowda

another slob/kid doing his janet jackson 'strike the pose' in a freaking store.
at least he's in the toys section, where he looks like he should be.

image.png

We are educating, motivating, and mobilizing moms and families to take action that will result in stronger laws and policies to save lives.

http://www.momsdemandaction.org/about/

and slobs/kids like him are helping them at every pose with their child toys they do......

staples.jpg

what's with these fedoras? don't any adults or normal people have guns?
at least this kid didn't do any compensation with his mag.....

Last edited:

chowda

yeah, reloading is for sissies....:D

ya know, there's a real gun toting thing going on in the donbas region of eastern ukraine. if these kids want to play army, they should go there and actually play army with adults and put their energy to good use--they can whack a bunch of neo-soviets and other terrorists while helping a country try and remain free from russia.

clearly a safer place than a target store or a chilis restaurant, so they will finally be able to relax......

Rusty Young Man

yeah, reloading is for sissies....:D

ya know, there's a real gun toting thing going on in the donbas region of eastern ukraine. if these kids want to play army, they should go there and actually play army with adults and put their energy to good use--they can whack a bunch of neo-soviets and other terrorists while helping a country try and remain free from russia.

clearly a safer place than a target store or a chilis restaurant, so they will finally be able to relax......

Yes, because no violent crime has ever taken place in peaceful neighborhoods.:rolleyes:

Are the photos from Texas? If so, some people (namely 18-20 year olds) would only have the option of Long Gun Open Carry (LGOC). Who are YOU to say they should render themselves defenseless because it doesn't conform to your opinions?

Are you in the CC-only, don't-rock-the-boat camp as well?

Last edited:

ATM

Campaign Veteran
Could you clarify your positions more directly? This passive aggressive approach leaves some of your key issues a bit too ambiguous.

You seem to take issue with others (especially adults younger than you) bearing arms in any manner inconsistent with your own preferred methods and fashion tastes.

Further, you seem to equate their bearing of arms with wanting to "play Army". :confused:

Could you please connect these dots by some sort of rational process so we can follow along or discuss? Incoherent ranting is less than helpful.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Compare the OP's pictures along with his comments with ones taken of Israeli women OCing LG at a coffee/food bar.

The difference is where they are and the acceptance of OCd LG by the people and the media. This ain't Israel.

Griz

Compare the OP's pictures along with his comments with ones taken of Israeli women OCing LG at a coffee/food bar.

The difference is where they are and the acceptance of OCd LG by the people and the media. This ain't Israel.

The women are a lot easier on the eyes than the first guy, too : )

chowda

THANK YOU!!!!!!

if my neighborhood is under attack by armed people, i will not only be out and about with an ar15, but i will also furnish many of my neighbors with them too.
but going to a place where women and children shop/eat with long guns in some weird attempt to 'win them over' or 'prevent crime' is 86 ways of absurd.

Law abider

how come in the 'wild west' it was ok to carry a lg on horseback and use it self defense and now if Moms demand reaction see the same picture, they have to change their Depends. Why?

Uno99

Been Lurking around for awhile so I decided to join. anywhoo......

Chowda.......You do support open carry right? Regardless of how they appear at least they are exercising the right. Can you enlighten us on how you think someone should go about doing so? You don't know these guys from Adam. For all you know they could be doing great things in their community for open carry.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

Chowda reminds me of the mouthy guy during last black friday at walmart, who talked loudly and plainly about using a golf club to beat me senseless, because I was OCing while in line for a TV. That guy ended up leaving walmarts in handcuffs when I asked the manager to call the police, and I told the police I wanted to press charges. One of these days, Chowda is gonna end up on the wrong side of the law, for saying some of the things he's said in this thread, to, about, or in reference to an actual person, OCer/CCer/Unarmed person in general. Talking about choking someone until they pass out, or are dead, is one of the definitions of Terroristic Threatening, and verbal assault, both are a Felony in Kentucky, I'm sure it's the same else where, and against forum rules because it's the advocation of an illegal activity. Dually reported.

chowda

Chowda.......You do support open carry right? ... Can you enlighten us on how you think someone should go about doing so? You don't know these guys from Adam. For all you know they could be doing great things in their community for open carry.

yes i support oc and have stated that at times i have.
yes, at now, these people have the right to oc long guns in stores, never contested that. we all have rights, but just because we have them, doesn't mean it's the best idea to exercise them at any one moment.

so that leaves two other reasons to oc:
1. protection. i've stated how oc-ing long guns for protection is 8 ways of absurd. anyone watching most urban 'action movies' will see the many ways why carrying a long on on a sling for self defense isn't the best idea. ask a cop.
2. trying to 'normalize' or 'win' people over to the oc cause. really? a mom and her kid going to to the toy department at target and seeing some 'civilians' standing around with ar-15s is something that will have a calming effect upon them? or if they are unfamiliar with guns other than on tv, it'll make them more at ease? seriously?

we need to educate the non gun population that 'guns aren't bad' and let them be comfortable with them, accept them. i'm sorry, but what they're doing is not the good way to do it. i don't see them winning any hearts and minds of the no/ill informed. there's gotta be a better, a different way.

but it seems like no one talks about it as if it's oc with long guns or nothing. that type of thinking won't help our cause and can only hurt it. remember, the us second ammendment has a 'shall not be infringed' yet it has been, more and more and more. we are shooting ourselves in the foot by doing this.

chowda

One of these days, Chowda is gonna end up on the wrong side of the law, for saying some of the things he's said in this thread...Dually reported.

lol, so you're the reason why i got an infraction. sorry i hurt your feelings....not.

what i stated on this thread someone would/should be taught in any firearms self defense class or in some areas of the military. or ask a cop. you just got all that self defense information for free.....now you know what your weaknesses are or if someone tries to victimize you and are armed like they are, you can deal with it. free.....you're welcome.
heck, the information is all over the internet also.

rifle disarm:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rifle+disarm
pistol disarm:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pistol+disarm
self defense strikes:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=self+defense+strikes+
how to carry a rifle with a sling:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+carry+a+rifle+with+a+sling
rifle self defense:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rifle+self+defense
pistol self defense:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pistol+self+defense

if you need any more information, you should contact someone local and get more advanced training.

so the guy that got infuriated at you at wallyworld, did you have a loaded FAL over your shoulder?
or a pistol in a holster?

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

lol, so you're the reason why i got an infraction. sorry i hurt your feelings....not.

what i stated on this thread someone would/should be taught in any firearms self defense class or in some areas of the military. or ask a cop. you just got all that self defense information for free.....now you know what your weaknesses are or if someone tries to victimize you and are armed like they are, you can deal with it. free.....you're welcome.
heck, the information is all over the internet also.

rifle disarm:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rifle+disarm
pistol disarm:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pistol+disarm
self defense strikes:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=self+defense+strikes+
how to carry a rifle with a sling:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+carry+a+rifle+with+a+sling
rifle self defense:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rifle+self+defense
pistol self defense:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pistol+self+defense

if you need any more information, you should contact someone local and get more advanced training.

so the guy that got infuriated at you at wallyworld, did you have a loaded FAL over your shoulder?
or a pistol in a holster?

There are better ways of conveying an example of situational awareness, than posting comments that can easily be construed as terrorist threatening, or verbal assault. Try to pick your words carefully before you post or make a comment, and remember that as long as you use this forum, you do NOT have a right to free speech, act as you would if you was a guest in someone's house.

And no, albeit I would LOVE to have an FN FAL, or any FN rifle; I was OCing my Hi Point .40SW in a OWB retention holster on my right hip, and my K-BAR in a retention holster, OWB and horizontal, at the small of my back and again, OC. I've seen too many friends, and strangers have too many run-ins with over-zealous shoppers during black Friday sales, to go to one unarmed. Sadly, that was a night when my body, and defensive means was prepared, but emotionally I wasn't. I was in tears and fearing for my life from a guy who stood a good foot taller than me, and had at least a hundred pounds of muscle on me. That was the night that I ceased carrying my sidearm purely as a deterrent that I never wanted to use, and began to actually train myself to use my tool from private competition skills, to Z.E.R.T. taught NSS and UCW training from Nevada. This coming black Friday I won't be a teared up scared gay dude with a gun... I'll be a fully confident gay dude with the means, and the tools to handle nearly anything his fellow shoppers has to dish out.

chowda

I was OCing my Hi Point .40SW in a OWB retention holster on my right hip, and my K-BAR in a retention holster, OWB and horizontal, at the small of my back and again, OC. I've seen too many friends, and strangers have too many run-ins with over-zealous shoppers during black Friday sales

so you are getting all geared up like some terminator character to go to a large store on black friday, a place and time where there are large masses of people doing 8 ways of mob stupid shopping?
and you are lecturing me on careful presentation? seriously?

This coming black Friday I won't be a teared up scared gay dude with a gun... I'll be a fully confident gay dude with the means, and the tools to handle nearly anything his fellow shoppers has to dish out.

i have a FAR better idea. stay at home while the idiots become a rampaging mob in stores, trampling each other, punching each other out over elmo dolls and bed sheets. stay at home and watch it on tv, realizing what idiots they are.
then when the smoke is all cleared, aisles all cleaned of empty boxes, hair, blood and spit, stuff put back on shelves, go to that store and shop in peace.

it seems like either you are looking for confrontation or wanting to prove you can handle a confrontation.
might want to avoid confrontations and for the latter, keep on training with good, proficient instructors. your confidence will come from there and you won't have to go out and test it on other people.

and remember that as long as you use this forum, you do NOT have a right to free speech, act as you would if you was a guest in someone's house.

and you and other people should remember that as long as you visit a store, you do NOT have any rights, act as you would if you were a guest in someone's house.
because you are, you are on SOMEONE ELSE'S PRIVATE PROPERTY.
--Moderator edited for totally unacceptable language--
and the representatives of the firearms community that you will be perceived as.

and i will also say, that in public places, we all should comport ourselves as if we were also guests there because, well, we are. we don't own that, we don't clean that up, we don't live there...and it's a common area for common use by all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.