• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another nail in the "I don't know why you need to have a gun to ________" coffin

TFred

I haven't used this yet, but it gets good reviews.

PT-ONE Concealment Holster

IMG_3074__02030.1389116213.400.267.jpg

TFred

Lyndsy Simon

I drove through that area the first time this week, and both I and my wife commented on how terribly designed that trail is. There are several places where it veers off into foliage, and lots of dark nooks and crannies under bridges and such out of sight of the road.

I'm a pretty big guy, and I wouldn't want to take that path alone.

wrearick

Agreed, it is a pretty sparsely populated area which would appeal to someone with bad intent. Hopefully two things happen:
1. the runner takes personal responsibility for her own well being and avails herself of the rights the 2nd amendment gives her and
2. the runner chooses her route more carefully, even if she is now armed to defend herself. We all know having a firearm does not mean you can go where you like without regard for the environment or neighborhood.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
Isn't there a forum rule about posting pictures of goats crossing bridges or otherwise calling members trolls? Can we be civil toward one another without resorting to snide put-downs and immature name calling? If moderators wanted for certain members to run off certain other members, then maybe there isn't such a rule or ever will be. I suppose the end result would be a forum that was filled with cliques containing only the right kind of people, that know all the secret handshakes and inside jokes, making it hard for new people to assimilate by design. But somehow, I don't think that brand of exclusivity is what the owners envisioned. But what do I know? Just call me a troll and maybe I'll be offended enough to go away.

μολών λαβέ
No one is running davidmacbeth off... he is immune to that. People know his schtick, and sometimes comment on it. No biggie.