Thread: Hallmark’s gun stance irks National Gun Victims Action Council, Father’s Day boycott

Hallmark’s gun stance irks National Gun Victims Action Council, Father’s Day boycott

Hallmark’s gun stance irks victims’ group; Father’s Day card boycott planned

National Gun Victims Action Council has kicked off a boycott call against the card maker Hallmark after the company chairman refused to speak publicly about the notion of universal background checks.

Company Chairman Donald Hall Jr. was recently asked about his views of mandated background checks for all gun buyers and only said: “We do not get involved in divisive issues,” Breitbart reported.

For that — and because the company “does not require [its] Gold Crown stores to ban guns” — the group concluded a boycott was necessary, Breitbart said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...up-fathers-da/

Anti-Gun Group Demands Boycott of Hallmark over Neutral CEO: 'Not Choosing Is a Pro-Gun Choice'
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Being-Pro-Gun

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...n-control.html
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-12-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Hmmmm .... looks like I'm going to have to visit Hallmark more often.

The conundrum is, most Hallmark stores are inside Malls where the carrying of firearms is prohibited.

I'm curious if this new effort to attack large box stores or chains is simply a fad that will soon peter out, or if they are going to gain traction...
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

I will be sure to send out cards as well. Lest they force hallmark to change from pressure.

I think I'll be sending Hallmark a "thank you" e mail later tonight
    Member:
    GOA-Life, NRA, WCI.

Here is the contact information I pulled from their website:

"EMAIL: To send us an email, click on the "Email Us" tab above.
    When sending us an email your email address and name will be stored as you have entered it and will be case sensitive.* The next time you visit us with a question you will need to enter your email address in the same format.
    PHONE: 1-800-HALLMARK (1-800-425-5627)
    MAIL:
    Hallmark Customer Service
    P.O. Box 419034
    Mail Drop 216
    Kansas City, Missouri 64141"

I wonder: would it tickle me pink if I were to mail Hallmark a Hallmark card?
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

in NGVAC Chief Executive Officer Elliot Fineman’s own words, Breitbart reported: “Clearly Hallmark is involved in this divisive issue because not choosing is a pro-gun choice.”
    What

Not choosing is choosing??

Banned
    Hallmark should send them a card ... "sucks to be a fascist" to them

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Hallmark should send them a card ... "sucks to be a fascist" to them
    Your bon mot is spot on considering the proper and non-political meaning of the word; a bundle of dry sticks bound by a linen cloth band for strength.

The NGVAC is just begging to get bombed with all sorts of off-color greeting cards. Wonder how down and dirty some of the Hallmark ones get? Oh well we could buy their brand and "customize" messages a bit ourselves, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    The NGVAC is just begging to get bombed with all sorts of off-color greeting cards. Wonder how down and dirty some of the Hallmark ones get? Oh well we could buy their brand and "customize" messages a bit ourselves, huh?
    http://www.hallmarksoftware.com/?APO...FZRj7AodbggAZg

Tell them when you will come over to their side - http://www.care2.com/send/card/6500

Or how about the believability of their message? http://www.someecards.com/usercards/...NjOGRjZmVmNDI2

Google and time can be your friends.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by R027 View Post
    What

Not choosing is choosing??
    That's what Rush says: "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

Not Rush Limbaugh. The other Rush. Linky.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I lived in Missouri during the 1998 voter referendum on CCW, Hallmark donated $25,000 to the group against the measure which would have created CCW. Then it took almost 10 yeas to get it through the legislature. $25,000 was one of the largest donations, along with the St Louis Cardinals, who I love watching get beat in the last of the games of the World Series, my favorite baseball team is whoever is playing the Cardinals and always will be.

I and a whole lot-a Missourians haven't bought a Hallmark product since; maybe they learned a lesson, I don't know, but still will not buy a Hallmark product.

When you care enough to send the very best, send a thoughtful handwritten letter, even if just a line or two. All it costs is a postage stamp, a little time, a little love, a little care and is worth more than some sweatshop or artificially intelligent robot's product.

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by phleye View Post
    I think I'll be sending Hallmark a "thank you" e mail later tonight

Send them one of their own cards!

I'll be sending my son a card in a few days. Just trying to decide WHICH Hallmark store I'll be visiting to buy it!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Well done Hallmark!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)