• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dominion Virginia Power wants to know: Are YOU suspicious?

Repeater

Seems Dom-Com is distributing the following pamphlet in the current electric bill:

If You See Something, Say Something
The Seven Signs of Terrorism

4. Planning/Acquiring Supplies (Purchase or theft of explosives, weapons, or ammunition; also storage of harmful chemicals or equipment)

5. Suspicious People Who Don't Belong (People who don't seem to belong in the workplace, neighborhood, business establishment, or who demonstrate odd behavior)

Seems most of us are suspicious. Damn, I mean Domn.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You should call them and thank them - now you are a terrorist-identifier expert and you already caught and killed 4 terrorist this morning !

davidmcbeth

Banned
Now that is a laugh considering that every cop show on TV uses power company vehicles and uniforms for their surveillance work.

I am always suspicious when I see them in my area.

I thought that ALL such vehicles were used by the cops ... hardly ever see the utility doing any work.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Is there a prize for scoring 7 out of 7?

Do YOU know where the transformers and cellphone towers are near your house? How about the commercial radio antennae?

stay safe.

HPmatt

How about that guy on the Maine forum sleeping w the tattoo of a 1911 tucked in his belt - that got the power company tree trimmers to call the cops on him.

Seems this behavior is spreading down South...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpguy

Do YOU know where the transformers and cellphone towers are near your house? How about the commercial radio antennae?

stay safe.
Sure do, guess this makes me a bad guy..[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

blahpony

You mean like this equipment?

1yDxD2g.jpg

Yes, that's water and yes that's Dominion Power equipment.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran

stay safe.

Well, unfortunately, I suppose that in this day and age, being informed and prepared is unusual, and perhaps "suspicious" to some.

Repeater

Is timing a coincidence?

Well, unfortunately, I suppose that in this day and age, being informed and prepared is unusual, and perhaps "suspicious" to some.

See, I'm wondering if this is all a coincidence -- or something much more sinister:

Feds Reanimate the Janet Reno–Era 'Domestic Terrorism Executive Committee' - Jesse Walker|Jun. 4, 2014 4:32 pm

More here:

Administration Announces Domestic Terror Task Force Revival
Attorney General Eric Holder announced Tuesday that the Justice Department will revive a task force dedicated to preventing acts of domestic terrorism.

In a weekly video, Holder announced the reconstitution of the panel, which will include national security lawyers from the Justice Department and representatives from the FBI, among other agencies.

Holder citied an “escalating danger from self-radicalized individuals within our own borders” as the reason to bring back the force that was established after the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 to share information about domestic threats.

“Horrific terror incidents like the tragic shootings at Fort Hood and last year’s Boston Marathon bombing demonstrate the danger we face from these homegrown threats,” Holder said.

Participants in the revived group will be asked to share information in hopes of disrupting violence within America’s borders motivated by extremist ideologies, like the April shooting outside a Jewish Community Center in Kansas or the the attack at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin that killed six people in 2012 and a bomb designed to detonate at the Martin Luther King Day parade in Spokane, Wash.

“The threat from al-Qaida is much more diffuse after Sept. 11, and the threats posed by a single horribly misguided citizen or permanent legal resident in the U.S. is in a sense as great as what core al-Qaida posed before Sept. 11,” Neil MacBride, a former U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, said.

“But now, as the nature of the threat we face evolves to including the possibility of individual radicalization via the Internet, it is critical that we return our focus to potential extremists here at home,” Holder said in the video broadcast.

The Attorney General did not list specific terror threats that may have instigated the renewal of the task force, but he said that the deadly shootings at Fort Hood, Texas, and the Boston Marathon bombings demonstrate the lingering threat of backyard or homegrown terror plots.

Re-animating "See Something, Say Something" -- misdirection?

Last edited:

va_tazdad

See, I'm wondering if this is all a coincidence -- or something much more sinister:

Feds Reanimate the Janet Reno–Era 'Domestic Terrorism Executive Committee' - Jesse Walker|Jun. 4, 2014 4:32 pm

More here:

Administration Announces Domestic Terror Task Force Revival

Re-animating "See Something, Say Something" -- misdirection?

Isn't that what they called the Frankenstein monster, re-animated?

Figures an incompetent like Holder would try something like that. Probably will be as successful as the good doctor was.

HPmatt

When you let anyone that wants come across the open border, you are going to convert Iranian, Syrian, Libyan, Palestinian terrorists into domestic terrorists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk