• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomy has not support of actual citizens - Target day a bust -42 nationwide show

Javelina

Wished I knew

Would have been there to OC and would have personally asked to speak with the manager to thanked him for allowing shoppers to exercise their rights and protect themselves. #OnTarget lol:lol:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I just happened to have gone to my local Target store that day. I did not see any protests, I shopped and left. I did not remember it was an event that day, just going about my business. It is just a non-event here in Washington State.

MasterGadgets

Yahoo and Bell Shouth blocking link

I copied and pasted the weblink in an email and sent to a few of my friends.
The ones with a Yahoo or Bell South email bounced back.

Yahoo and Bell South both blocked the emails stating "Email not accepted for policy reasons."

I guess we know who these two are in bed with!

Pi$$ed me off bad!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I copied and pasted the weblink in an email and sent to a few of my friends.
The ones with a Yahoo or Bell South email bounced back.

Yahoo and Bell South both blocked the emails stating "Email not accepted for policy reasons."

I guess we know who these two are in bed with!

Pi$$ed me off bad!

Did you send a blind link or did you have any commentary and personal notes with it?

I'd be happy if my email provider would block blind links, too.

MasterGadgets

I sent the html link with the web page descriptor in the title of the email.

I send interesting things to these same people all the time. It is only this email about this topic that gets blocked.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I was one of thousands of people who created an "Everytown for Gun Safety" page on Facebook in advance of Bloomberg's $50 Million push (and subsequent flub).

About three weeks ago, FB locked the page and blocked all access, falsely claiming I'd infringed on a graphic copyright. The graphic I used was 100% my own. My own picture, my own words, and my own design.

To date, they have repeatedly ignored my appeals to unlock it.

Meanwhile, countless other pro-2A pages on Facebook are going strong.

This is the power of Bloomberg's money: He can shut out some attempts to undermine his anti-gun agenda. He cannot, however, slow us down, nor can all his wealth override the common sense of the American people and entice more than a handful of kooks to attend these events. Consider the Big Kahuna, a march on Washington D.C. Here's a list of the Top 11 marches by in order of attendance (I used the upper estimate). It shows what's right with the country, as well as some serious drawbacks:

2004 - 800,000 to 1,100,000: March for Women's Lives - in defense of a woman's right to chose (while ignoring the baby's rights altogether, and murdering the baby in the process)

2005 - 400,000 to 839,000: Million Man March - place the social and economic issues facing the black community back on the nation's agenda (get a job, get an education, get a better job - I have many black friends who've done just that, quite a few who came from the ghettos)

2000 - 750,000: Million Mom March - wanted stricter gun laws that would keep guns out of the hands of kids and criminals (while failing to realize criminals don't care about laws, and they're usually the ones putting guns in the hands of the kids)

1987 - 500,000 to 650,000: National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights

1969 - 600,000: Vietnam Moratorium (probably a good thing)

unk - 500,000: Vietnam War Out Now rally.

2000 - 500,000: TheCall DC - pray and fast for the United States

1981 - 260,000 to 350,000: Solidarity Day March - organized by the AFL-CIO to protest the Reagan Administration's labor and domestic policies.

1973 - 100,000 to 300,000: March for Life - anniversary of Roe vs Wade, often attended her later years by Norma McCorvey, the plaintiff in Roe vs Wade.

1993 - 300,000: Lesbian, Gay and Bi Equal Rights and Liberation (how were they not liberated before??? Did the previous march in 1987 fail?)

1963 - 250,000: Civil Rights March on Washington on August 28. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., A REPUBLICAN, gave his "I Have a Dream" speech.