• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MDA vs Target - massive failure

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Lyndsy Simon

I thought about these people briefly today, as I ran into Target to buy a camera.

As usual, my sidearm remained docile throughout the entire event, and my two young daughters were better protected than they would have otherwise been.

I really wish I could come up with a way to communicate with these people without being confrontational. After all, while our views are antithetical, they are apparently driven by the same desire - to create a safe environment for our respective families.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I thought about these people briefly today, as I ran into Target to buy a camera.

As usual, my sidearm remained docile throughout the entire event, and my two young daughters were better protected than they would have otherwise been.

I really wish I could come up with a way to communicate with these people without being confrontational. After all, while our views are antithetical, they are apparently driven by the same desire - to create a safe environment for our respective families.

This is true; however, they are most frequently blinded by their emotions and ignore facts.....still we keep trying to find a window to their intellect. Overall, I think our education efforts are working - witness the greater percentage of people who accept and get the message(s) that normal, regular folks are acting responsibly...............and criminals will ignore the signs and corporate edicts or worse, target their GFZ.

Neither black letter law nor their GFZ will make them or their loved ones safe from violence.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--....... I think our education efforts are working - witness the greater percentage of people who accept and get the message(s) that normal, regular folks are acting responsibly...............

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 40% of Likely U.S. Voters now think the United States needs stricter gun control laws, down nine points from last May and the lowest level of support for stricter laws since February 2012. Fifty-three percent (53%) do not think the country needs tougher gun control laws, the highest level of opposition in over two years.

The survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted on March 26-27, 2014 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC.
http://tinyurl.com/ofmln2h