• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News flash - Peter Nap in hospital

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Got a call from Jane at 6:00 am this morning - Don had an aorta aneurism (ruptured artery) last night. Doctors gave him a 50/50 chance of making it through the by pass surgery , but he came out with flying colors. The medicos at Bon Secours Richmond Regional in Mechanicsville said that everything that could go right did.

He has been moved to ICU - don't know when he can have visitors yet. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Don, Jane, and the entire family.

Affectionately I said, "Don is a tough ol' goat - he'll do fine." Don is one of a kind, a true torch bearer, stubborn, tenacious. Proud to call him my friend.

Will up date as I get more information.

Last edited:

thedevilrobyjohn

thoughts

He is in our thoughts. Me and him were just talking about illness and such at the last dinner and your attention getting stunt. It appears over the last few months that getting older isnt what its hyped up to be. Therefore ive decided to remain 25 forever.

humor is my coping mechanism

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
GodSpeed to Don

I have learned a lot from Peter Nap, Grapeshot, and Skidmark. Have met all three and they all have my greatest respect. Godspeed to you Don and may your recovery be quick and complete.:)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Update

Just received a text message - Doctors are very pleased with both the way Don is responding and his blood work up. With the good Lord willing, he will be moved to a regular room tomorrow.

Jane has to be running on pure adrenaline.

va_tazdad

Okay, this has to stop folks.

This makes the 4th Cardio event this year.

I hereby insist that the next member of the OPC that is planning a Cardio event will give 2 weeks notice.

Glad to hear Don is doing well. ;>)