• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News flash - Peter Nap in hospital

scouser

So there I was just sat down at the bar in River City about to have lunch and I take out the phone and saw this. All the girls there send their best wishes, also spoke with Courtney this afternoon and she echoed what Taz said about this being too many events.

Anyone here who doesn't know "Peter" in person, well he is one of the best people I know.

AIC869

Good to hear, Grape. I post very infrequently; but as a regular reader I always enjoy Don's thoughts, commentary, and musings on the issues of the day. Pass our best wishes for a speedy recovery!

jsfrederick

Come to think of it, I do believe I did meet him once at a get together at Foster's Grill in Warrenton, VA when he was up in this area to record some court activity.

I hope he's reading these messages of good wishes for his quick recovery.

Yes SB, you did. We were both there, along with User and a friend of his.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jsfrederick

WOW, this is sad. Sending Prayers and best wishes to Don and his family. He is definitely a "one of a kind", in the good way.

2a4all

Sorry to hear about Peter. I've met him a few times, and he's the genuine article. That same inner toughness (stubbornness?) that keeps him from seeing doctors for other ailments will get him through this.

Keep your powder dry, Peter.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Don has done so much to further the cause, not the least of which is his video and photography work - little escapes his lens.

Want a little insight into this man - read his brand of straight talking journalism: Old Virginia News (http://news.oldva.org/)

Will be expecting to talk to Jane in the morning - hopefully they both will have a good night of needed rest - then let you all know how things are going.

JoeSparky

Centurion
This makes the 4th Cardio event this year.

I hereby insist that the next member of the OPC that is planning a Cardio event will give 2 weeks notice.

Glad to hear Don is doing well. ;>)

So if no planning is done, we have permission to have a "cardio event"... LOL I know, Bad Joke at a tender time! Please forgive me, I'm a Nurse who cares for those with these types of diagnoses!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sounds like he had an endograf repair of his Aortic Aneurysm. It is a great option where applicable. Hope he recovers well.
Have little specific information - none as to the procedure, but Jane did mention 'heart' and 'bypass'. Course she was tired and I was not but hardly awake. The rest came from short text messages, so admittedly details are in short supply.

va_tazdad

So if no planning is done, we have permission to have a "cardio event"... LOL I know, Bad Joke at a tender time! Please forgive me, I'm a Nurse who cares for those with these types of diagnoses!

LOL Permission denied. Whereas I am the 4th member of the OPC to have a Cardio event this year (Actually the 1st since mine was in January) I find these little bumps in the road to be rather inconvenient. That is why I requested 2 weeks notice for all future events. Planning is everything.

Fear not Peter, we WILL talk about you at breakfast. ;>)

JoeSparky

Centurion
Have little specific information - none as to the procedure, but Jane did mention 'heart' and 'bypass'. Course she was tired and I was not but hardly awake. The rest came from short text messages, so admittedly details are in short supply.

Entirely speculation on my part related to his only spending one night in ICU. The endograf repair is MOSTLY used for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm repairs. If this was an aneurysm at or above the renal arteries or involving the aortic arch and cardiac arteries/valves then he is MOST blessed to not have any complications and it would be VERY VERY unusual to only spend one day/night in ICU.

Either way, ain't modern medicine/surgery great! Just imagine if this had occurred in a location where the medical/surgical care was SOCIALIZED or even prohibited if one is above a certain age! His appointment for the CT scan to diagnose may be 2-3 weeks AFTER HIS FUNERAL!:shocker:

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
LOL Permission denied. Whereas I am the 4th member of the OPC to have a Cardio event this year (Actually the 1st since mine was in January) I find these little bumps in the road to be rather inconvenient. That is why I requested 2 weeks notice for all future events. Planning is everything.

Fear not Peter, we WILL talk about you at breakfast. ;>)

Bite your tongue! Grapeshot and I have both had two fairly close to each other since yours. (Well, three for me if you count the planned one that caused the last one.:D)

One of the advantages of being an Oulde Pharte is that we generally are too tough to kill off. My biggest fear is that perternap will start going to see doctors voluntarily, and then someone will get into a MV crash colliding with a flying pig.

Messages left telling him to cut this crap out.

stay safe.

TFred

Bite your tongue! Grapeshot and I have both had two fairly close to each other since yours. (Well, three for me if you count the planned one that caused the last one.:D)

One of the advantages of being an Oulde Pharte is that we generally are too tough to kill off. My biggest fear is that perternap will start going to see doctors voluntarily, and then someone will get into a MV crash colliding with a flying pig.

Messages left telling him to cut this crap out.

stay safe.
Flying pigs?

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That is called a leap of faith - there are those here who are very familiar with that concept.....medically :D

Think about it. We allow people whom we do not really know, that strangers have contacted/referred, to delve into the life sustaining parts of our bodies, and practice their art/trade while we are asleep - during which we have no conscious input.

I am reminded by DoubleTap that prayer never hurts - who am I to argue with that.

DoubleTap

Don and Jane, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, along with the many prayers and well wishes from the great folks on this forum. Nothing but good news to come. Don's successful surgery is only the beginning. He will be up and around before you know it. His lovely Keeper will see to that.

Take good care and we are here for you.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Yes SB, you did. We were both there, along with User and a friend of his.

Yes you're right and I recall you being there as well. Great group of folks there that day.

My impression of "Peter" was that he was a very down to earth man, not necessarily given to a lot of words but still an affable man. You got the impression that if he let you in to his circle, you had already been determined to be an acceptable entrant. I liked him right off the bat for these traits and would have enjoyed having more time to pump his mind for his thoughts and experiences. Not pretentious in the least but rather one who says what he means and means what he says.... coupled with a sense of humor. All good strong qualities in my book.

Last edited: