Thread: examiner.com - All 50 states will allow gun carry in alcohol serving restaurants...

Moderator / Administrator

examiner.com - All 50 states will allow gun carry in alcohol serving restaurants...

http://www.examiner.com/article/all-...-on-august-1st

SNIP

On May 22d Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, a likely 2016 US Presidential candidate, signed into law HB 72 which, among other things, legalizes gun carry in restaurants which serve alcoholic beverages. The law takes effect on August 1st, 2014 and applies to persons holding concealed handgun permits issued or accepted by Louisiana.

Jindal’s signature drives yet another nail into the coffins of both alcohol and gun prohibition. . .

Now I take it we're only referring to sit down restaurants and not taverns correct?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Hmmmm. Now why would Mike think that this doesnt require that gunowners conceal their hanguns in restaurants thar serve alcohol? It appears just the opposite to me.
    Last edited by georg jetson; 06-16-2014 at 03:29 PM.

All 50 states will allow gun carry in alcohol serving restaurants...
    Great news, I need to tell the NJ gun owners can now carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. I'm sure they will be thrilled.....

I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Now I take it we're only referring to sit down restaurants and not taverns correct?
    Yes. Also, what is often not mentioned is that this was more a clarification than a change in the law: it's CHP only, and the CHP statute said it didn't work in bars suggested in a way that strongly suggested that it worked in restaurants.

Good news. This means that there will remain seven states that do not recognize our right.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Geetika View Post
    --spam edited by Moderator--

I am glad to know more about this awesome topic..Your information is very impressive and attractive for all..On May 22d Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, a likely 2016 US Presidential candidate, signed into law HB 72 which, among other things, legalizes gun carry in restaurants which serve alcoholic beverages. The law takes effect on August 1st, 2014 and applies to persons holding concealed handgun permits issued or accepted by Louisiana.Thanks for sharing this awesome information..

POST REPORTED.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK

This is Captain Obvious, thanking you for flying No Sh*t Sherlock airlines.

stay safe.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-29-2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Edited quote
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    POST REPORTED.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK

This is Captain Obvious, thanking you for flying No Sh*t Sherlock airlines.

stay safe.
    edit your post,,, remove quoting the spam,, otherwise, it lives on..
    I already reported to grape,, hours ago, he will remove it!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!