• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Teen hospitalized for recording Cop -- "Know Your Rights" Rally June 16th

Superlite27

This isn't the first instance of "You're not from here, anyway." I've encountered here in the Virginia Forum.

I'm beginning to believe the first words the folks in this state read come after the "Location:" designator.

If it says anything other than "Virginia", everything else is ignored in favor of cooking up a good "What do you know anyway, you moron. You're not even from here." response.

Many of you are great to exchange ideas and dialogue with, but as with any other endeavor, all it takes is one or two self-absorbed asshats to begin to alter the perception that visitors to this forum begin to form stereotypes with.

As Open Carriers, you'd think folks would be cognizant of the image they are projecting.

Of course, nobody is likely to be reading this as they are probably busy typing words such as "Go get bent, ya' darned northerner. You're not even from here, so why are you getting involved?" or some other words to that effect.

Last edited:

Blk97F150

This isn't the first instance of "You're not from here, anyway." I've encountered here in the Virginia Forum.

I'm beginning to believe the first words the folks in this state read come after the "Location:" designator.

If it says anything other than "Virginia", everything else is ignored in favor of cooking up a good "What do you know anyway, you moron. You're not even from here." response.

Many of you are great to exchange ideas and dialogue with, but as with any other endeavor, all it takes is one or two self-absorbed asshats to begin to alter the perception that visitors to this forum begin to form stereotypes with.

As Open Carriers, you'd think folks would be cognizant of the image they are projecting.

Of course, nobody is likely to be reading this as they are probably busy typing words such as "Go get bent, ya' darned northerner. You're not even from here, so why are you getting involved?" or some other words to that effect.

Actually thats not the case at all. Most in the Virginia forum welcome ON TOPIC discussion from people all over the country (or elsewhere). But unfortunately, it seems that at least a few of those who post from out of state can't seem to manage to stay on topic as it relates to Virginia, Virginia circumstances, or the original post (in the Virginia forum). There are a couple of 'repeat offenders' who are the worst regarding this. Its predictable. You can pretty much count on them posting something off-topic... and it gets tiring to those here in Virginia, who are following a specific thread that may affect them personally (because its specifically a Virginia based issue).

Hopefully I've explained that well enough.

Btw, welcome to the Virginia Forum!! :cool:

fjpro2a

Nice try

Actually thats not the case at all. Most in the Virginia forum welcome ON TOPIC discussion from people all over the country (or elsewhere). But unfortunately, it seems that at least a few of those who post from out of state can't seem to manage to stay on topic as it relates to Virginia, Virginia circumstances, or the original post (in the Virginia forum). There are a couple of 'repeat offenders' who are the worst regarding this. Its predictable. You can pretty much count on them posting something off-topic... and it gets tiring to those here in Virginia, who are following a specific thread that may affect them personally (because its specifically a Virginia based issue).

Hopefully I've explained that well enough.

Btw, welcome to the Virginia Forum!! :cool:

BLK97F150, That was the worst case of trying to back pedal that I have seen in a very long time. You said, "Hopefully, I've explained that well enough." You have got to be kidding!!! Look, when you initially screw up, as you did, the best thing to do is say is something along the lines of "sorry, sometimes, I get a little too emotional" - the important thing is that we stick together (all 50 States) to achieve Constitutional Carry across the Good Ole' USA. Virginia has an awful lot to contribute to this Forum, and some awesome members. But remember, you do NOT have a monopoly. We can all learn from one another.
Go Brat!!!!

Blk97F150

BLK97F150, That was the worst case of trying to back pedal that I have seen in a very long time. You said, "Hopefully, I've explained that well enough." You have got to be kidding!!! Look, when you initially screw up, as you did, the best thing to do is say is something along the lines of "sorry, sometimes, I get a little too emotional" - the important thing is that we stick together (all 50 States) to achieve Constitutional Carry across the Good Ole' USA. Virginia has an awful lot to contribute to this Forum, and some awesome members. But remember, you do NOT have a monopoly. We can all learn from one another.
Go Brat!!!!

Go back and read this thread again in its entirety, and you will see (whether you choose to comprehend or not..), that the very first reply (now deleted) was off topic. After that, there are numerous examples of where both regular posters and a Mod made reference to getting back on topic... yet a couple of posters continued with their off topic diatribes.

A few examples where people tried to bring it back on topic:

"Your post is useless whereas this happened in Virginia"

"your "words of wisdom"...have absolutely no value in Virginia"

"Except that your 'facts' have nothing to do with this thread, or this state's laws."

"This thread is about a Virginia incident and likely will be decided by Virginia laws."

And YES, there was references to them being from 'out of state'... thats because they provided answers that related to a different state, laws from a different state, and had no relevance to Virginia or the topic at hand in THIS thread. Had the posters keep their comments to either a general sense, or specifically about Virginia... nobody would mentioned the state they live in. Again, go back and read the thread... Primus posted, and his comments related to this topic in a general sense. He's 'out of state', and nobody said a thing to him since his comments were relevant to the topic being discussed. (Did I just take up for Primus.... Wow, how'd that happen? :eek: LOL! )

And of course... you seem to want to continue to keep this thread off topic after there have been numerous requests to keep it on topic. :banghead: Maybe you can start your own thread, with your own topic (preferably in your own forum :p ).

Oh.. and finally, I agree.... GO BRAT!!! :banana:

papa bear

personally i feel like if you post to a public board seen by the whole nation, then you will get comments from other states. this is a problem for all America (LE abusing their authority), and not just isolated to VA. but for the main part others should be respectful of the state where the post is.

what has happened to the officer? anything? has it been ruled a legitimate beating?

va_tazdad

Blk

Go back and read this thread again in its entirety, and you will see (whether you choose to comprehend or not..), that the very first reply (now deleted) was off topic. After that, there are numerous examples of where both regular posters and a Mod made reference to getting back on topic... yet a couple of posters continued with their off topic diatribes.

And YES, there was references to them being from 'out of state'... thats because they provided answers that related to a different state, laws from a different state, and had no relevance to Virginia or the topic at hand in THIS thread. Had the posters keep their comments to either a general sense, or specifically about Virginia... nobody would mentioned the state they live in. Again, go back and read the thread... Primus posted, and his comments related to this topic in a general sense. He's 'out of state', and nobody said a thing to him since his comments were relevant to the topic being discussed. (Did I just take up for Primus.... Wow, how'd that happen? :eek: LOL! )

And of course... you seem to want to continue to keep this thread off topic after there have been numerous requests to keep it on topic. :banghead: Maybe you can start your own thread, with your own topic (preferably in your own forum :p ).

You need neither justify or explain.

The alleged transgressor can't seem to understand the incident occurred in Virginia, and Connecticut laws have zero pertinence here but he continues to spew regardless. Best to just ignore him and his supporters as I do now.

Superlite27

Blk97F150 makes a valid point. It is frustrating when folks arrive and derail a discussion by offering irrelevant information or bragadoccio such as "Well, in my state......"

My own posts here are off topic, so I'll "clear the net" in order for folks to get back on track.

However, I'd just like to point out that being from another state isn't a requirement to derail a discussion. Folks in Virginia are just as capable of doing so on their own without help from the darned outsiders.

However, being from out of state is a poor excuse to discount someone's input. After all, doing so ignorantly assumes that just because a person lists their current location as elsewhere, they have no knowledge or have never lived in Virginia.

fjpro2a

OK

Let's agree on Brat. As for your attempt at explaining away your initial goof-up, nice try. you keep getting deeper and deeper in trouble. Haven't you learned yet that this is what usually happens when you try to backtrack? In my opinion, you are probably someone who is a real patriot and wants to achieve what we all do. It is not the end of the world when you make a mistake. We all do.

fjpro2a

What!!!!!

You need neither justify or explain.

The alleged transgressor can't seem to understand the incident occurred in Virginia, and Connecticut laws have zero pertinence here but he continues to spew regardless. Best to just ignore him and his supporters as I do now.

I am not from Connecticut.

Blk97F150

I am not from Connecticut.

Thats probably because he wasn't talking about you.

You are so lost in this thread!! LOL!! You have no idea who said what, who they were talking to (or talking about), or what the actual sequence of events were... yet you are determined to voice your opinion about it anyway. :rolleyes:

Again, I would suggest that you go back to the original post and try to catch up with the rest of us. :p

And of course... please get back on topic.

fjpro2a

Truce, please!!!!

LOL Nobody said you were, or for that matter, I wasn't talking about you.

Your sense of self importance is way out of control.

I was talking to another poster.

This is especially for va_tazdad and Blk97F150, but it also applies to others. What we have been doing to each other over the past few days is exactly what I have complained about others doing on this site. Therefore, let me be the first to say - I AM SORRY I really mean it when I say that we have so much more in common, and our cause is just. It hurts to think that the anti's who read these posts probably love the fact that we bicker now and then. I am not patronizing when I say that I respect you guys a lot. If I ever have the opportunity to meet you guys, it would be my pleasure to "break bread" with you. Thanks for understanding. Keep up the good work.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This is especially for va_tazdad and Blk97F150, but it also applies to others. What we have been doing to each other over the past few days is exactly what I have complained about others doing on this site. Therefore, let me be the first to say - I AM SORRY I really mean it when I say that we have so much more in common, and our cause is just. It hurts to think that the anti's who read these posts probably love the fact that we bicker now and then. I am not patronizing when I say that I respect you guys a lot. If I ever have the opportunity to meet you guys, it would be my pleasure to "break bread" with you. Thanks for understanding. Keep up the good work.
People with strong convictions regarding the positive benefits of OC and RKBA may not always be the most delicate/sensitive of others feelings, but unless they have egregiously insulted someone I would not be much concerned. We do express ourselves openly, yet w/o malintent. Indeed, it is our commonality that binds us together - we ARE a force with which to be reckoned.

Many do meet with some regularity to share good food and discuss things. You will always be welcome at the table :)

va_tazdad

People with strong convictions regarding the positive benefits of OC and RKBA may not always be the most delicate/sensitive of others feelings, but unless they have egregiously insulted someone I would not be much concerned. We do express ourselves openly, yet w/o malintent. Indeed, it is our commonality that binds us together - we ARE a force with which to be reckoned.

Many do meet with some regularity to share good food and discuss things. You will always be welcome at the table :)

Yes, he will !

Fenris

I'm sorry to abandon the drift, but is there any news about the thumper or the thumpee who used his head in a disorderly manner to interfere with the officer's lawful swinging of his baton?

Blk97F150

I'm sorry to abandon the drift, but is there any news about the thumper or the thumpee who used his head in a disorderly manner to interfere with the officer's lawful swinging of his baton?

This is the last I had heard of this issue. The police department investigated their own officer and found that he did nothing wrong. :uhoh:

http://progress-index.com/news/protesters-complain-about-incident-with-police-1.1704225
Capt. Eric Young of the Prince George County Police Department said the department conducted its own investigation into the matter and that its officer was found free of any wrong doing.