Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Some people are waking up to out of control police

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    Some people are waking up to out of control police

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...ce-department/

    It quickly became apparent that the majority of attendees had reached their limit of patience with Police Chief Victor Pierce and his police ‘force.’

    I reached my limit with my local police years ago ... and it did not take the amount of BS that these people have been exposed to.

    Leave me alone is my motto and if you cannot control yourselves, I will.

  2. #2
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    There is no bad apples if the whole barrel is rotten.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  3. #3
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    There is no bad apples if the whole barrel is rotten.
    Oh, there MAY be a rare NON bad apple in the rotten apple barrel but it needs to be washed THOROUGHLY to GET THE STINK OFF and then watched closely to see any bruising or rot FROM WITHIN!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    WTF is this?

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ately-ran-over!


    Almost unbelievable .... and the PD has no issues with this ...

    Time to eliminate all PDs ... every single one. Wipe it clean .. and do not replace them.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 06-15-2014 at 03:21 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    WTF is this?

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ately-ran-over!


    Almost unbelievable .... and the PD has no issues with this ...

    Time to eliminate all PDs ... every single one. Wipe it clean .. and do not replace them.
    That is pretty damn extreme. It's no different than gun grabbers saying everyone should be disarmed because one person killed someone with a gun.

  6. #6
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Not really equivalent since PD's are the enforcement arm of the state and tyranny and part of government, and are not a fundamental right at all. Where as the right to bear arms is as old as human existence.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  7. #7
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Not really equivalent since PD's are the enforcement arm of the state and tyranny and part of government, and are not a fundamental right at all. Where as the right to bear arms is as old as human existence.
    Whether it is different situations or no does not change the fact it is still the same flawed argument.

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Whether it is different situations or no does not change the fact it is still the same flawed argument.
    I don't see it that way. You can't compare government which has no rights and which is extremely flawed, and even in it's best state a "necessary evil" (Thomas Paine) to a fundamental right of the people. It's a false dichotomy.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I too would support wiping the slate clean of all PD's.

    Yes there are a few good cops, justifying a whole rotten system to save the jobs of a few good guys. Not worth it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    1st one D-bag sociopaths (typical)

    2nd looks like a mistake a bad one they should pay for, but not intentional.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,273
    All that needs to be done is remove federal money. That will reduce the size of departments and limit them in their scope, ability to enforce. That will also make settlements and judgement sting. Right now even a hundred grand settlement means nothing, when they are getting millions from the feds.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Another step would be to move to remove the state backed violence and coercion in the form of their unions.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    All that needs to be done is remove federal money. That will reduce the size of departments and limit them in their scope, ability to enforce. That will also make settlements and judgement sting. Right now even a hundred grand settlement means nothing, when they are getting millions from the feds.
    This is a good point that the majority of Americans don't know. Local municipal police departments receive a lot of federal funding to do things the feds want them to do. DUI checkpoints are a good example. If local departments didn't receive state and federal grants for these operations then the cities just wouldn't do them.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    It isn't just the money they receive, it is also the military "cast-offs" (like the MRAPs) that so many get for a "reduced price". Naturally, the various agencies that get this equipment wants to show it off so the "sheep" can see how "valuable" it is.
    I've looked into the DoD program in my state .. they pay shipping costs ... that's it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •