• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some people are waking up to out of control police

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...or-protection-from-its-own-police-department/

It quickly became apparent that the majority of attendees had reached their limit of patience with Police Chief Victor Pierce and his police ‘force.’

I reached my limit with my local police years ago ... and it did not take the amount of BS that these people have been exposed to.

Leave me alone is my motto and if you cannot control yourselves, I will.

Jack House

sudden valley gunner

Not really equivalent since PD's are the enforcement arm of the state and tyranny and part of government, and are not a fundamental right at all. Where as the right to bear arms is as old as human existence.

Jack House

Not really equivalent since PD's are the enforcement arm of the state and tyranny and part of government, and are not a fundamental right at all. Where as the right to bear arms is as old as human existence.
Whether it is different situations or no does not change the fact it is still the same flawed argument.

sudden valley gunner

Whether it is different situations or no does not change the fact it is still the same flawed argument.

I don't see it that way. You can't compare government which has no rights and which is extremely flawed, and even in it's best state a "necessary evil" (Thomas Paine) to a fundamental right of the people. It's a false dichotomy.

sudden valley gunner

I too would support wiping the slate clean of all PD's.

Yes there are a few good cops, justifying a whole rotten system to save the jobs of a few good guys. Not worth it.

WalkingWolf

All that needs to be done is remove federal money. That will reduce the size of departments and limit them in their scope, ability to enforce. That will also make settlements and judgement sting. Right now even a hundred grand settlement means nothing, when they are getting millions from the feds.

NosePicker

All that needs to be done is remove federal money. That will reduce the size of departments and limit them in their scope, ability to enforce. That will also make settlements and judgement sting. Right now even a hundred grand settlement means nothing, when they are getting millions from the feds.

This is a good point that the majority of Americans don't know. Local municipal police departments receive a lot of federal funding to do things the feds want them to do. DUI checkpoints are a good example. If local departments didn't receive state and federal grants for these operations then the cities just wouldn't do them.

davidmcbeth

Banned
It isn't just the money they receive, it is also the military "cast-offs" (like the MRAPs) that so many get for a "reduced price". Naturally, the various agencies that get this equipment wants to show it off so the "sheep" can see how "valuable" it is. :(

I've looked into the DoD program in my state .. they pay shipping costs ... that's it.