Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Man lying in street deliberately ran over!

  1. #1
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Man lying in street deliberately ran over!

    When I saw the headline for this I was dubious it was deliberate until I watched the video.

    Car stops and then clearly proceeds to deliberately run over a person. If it wasn't for private surveillance.....we'd never know.

    http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/taco...-street/ngLRZ/

    FUQ-
    • "Authorities said the officer was patrolling the area and did not see the man on the roadway"


    How the hell they can claim this with a straight face!
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 06-15-2014 at 12:54 AM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    “Looked to me kind of like it was both parties’ fault, where it was just an unfortunate incident, where maybe a young man was just partying too much without a friend to help him,” Mitchell said.



    The guy on the road could have had a stroke or something ....

    "I did not see him?" Every murderer says that they are not guilty .... so it does not surprise me that this statement was made.

    loretta.cool@cityoftacoma.org


    Oh, the cop gets a mini vacation and then back to squishing people I guess

    Update: email NG


    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <loretta.cool@cityoftacoma.org>
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 User unknown)
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 06-15-2014 at 03:54 AM.

  3. #3
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    I don't know about "deliberately" but we do need more INFO to make an INFORMED determination! Report indicates officer was "distracted" (my word) checking license tags of vehicles parked on the street and didn't see the man on the roadway! May have truly been an accident but I see a fairly large settlement in the works! Possibly a bunch of charges against the man in the road with an 'agreement" to not prosecute him IF he doesn't sue!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    I don't know about "deliberately" but we do need more INFO to make an INFORMED determination! Report indicates officer was "distracted" (my word) checking license tags of vehicles parked on the street and didn't see the man on the roadway! May have truly been an accident but I see a fairly large settlement in the works! Possibly a bunch of charges against the man in the road with an 'agreement" to not prosecute him IF he doesn't sue!
    And who provided the information that he was distracted? The murderer (attempted at this point in time) of course. Take his statement for what its worth: nothing.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 06-15-2014 at 03:38 AM.

  5. #5
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    And who provided the information that he was distracted? The murderer (attempted at this point in time) of course. Take his statement for what its worth: nothing.
    No evidence presented YET that the LEO's actions resulting in the running over of the victim was in any way KNOWING or INTENTIONAL..... Negligent? ABSOLUTELY! Criminal? We, as in you, I, or any others not directly involved, we just don't know YET!

    And yes, sometimes a Negligent INCIDENT just happens! Much like the tragedy of a driver backing over a small child not seen by the operator of a vehicle!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    No evidence presented YET that the LEO's actions resulting in the running over of the victim was in any way KNOWING or INTENTIONAL..... Negligent? ABSOLUTELY! Criminal? We, as in you, I, or any others not directly involved, we just don't know YET!

    And yes, sometimes a Negligent INCIDENT just happens! Much like the tragedy of a driver backing over a small child not seen by the operator of a vehicle!
    The evidence is the video ... has zero relationship to a guy backing into a small child that could not be seen.

    The headlights were on the guy, wearing a light colored shirt ....

    He ran him over on purpose....he's a sicko individual.

    My view of course ...

  7. #7
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    The police car stops 3 times and then after it is close to the body in the street, seems to accelerate over the body and then stop for a 4th time.

    This looks like no accident to me.


    O1 "Hey look there is a guy in the road."
    O2 "Get closer"
    O1 "This close?"
    O2 "Closer"
    O1 "Now?"
    O2 "Little more"
    O1 "Now?"
    O2 "Yeah now floor it!"
    Bump bump
    O1 and O2 "better stop now"
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I don't buy it was anything but deliberate after watching the video.

    I did before the video.


    3 stops and what appears a purposeful acceleration that it would take to go over a body.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    84
    How could you not see that person in the road ?

  10. #10
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Looks deliberate to me, but if we believe his story what would be the outcome of a person texting and running over a policeman.

    Even if it was a accident, especially if it was an accident, this cop is a idiot who should never be employed again as a LEO.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  11. #11
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Looks deliberate to me, but if we believe his story what would be the outcome of a person texting and running over a policeman.
    Agreed completely, even it was an accident, it was criminal negligence. If this had happened to any of us, we'd be so far up **** creek without a paddle, we'd be inside a **** glacier.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    What was this LEO thinking? What would be his motive? The incident will be ruled an accident, the victim and family will be compensated by the tax payers, the idiot driver will be transferred to a desk job. Justice will again be not served.

    My .02

    Regards

    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Notice how he drives after running over and dragging a person several feet. Pretty telling too.

    Maybe he thought he thought the person was less than human and had no rights.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

    How the hell they can claim this with a straight face!
    I thought it was deliberate after watching the video, then I read it was a Tacoma police officer.

    Any Tacoman paying attention while driving? That's a funny one...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  15. #15
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Looks deliberate to me, but if we believe his story what would be the outcome of a person texting and running over a policeman.

    Even if it was a accident, especially if it was an accident, this cop is a idiot who should never be employed again as a LEO.
    Even if the officer had his nose buried in the computer, I would accept that as the reason he ran over the guy. I don't believe the story. Because if I hit something while driving distracted, I would jam the brakes and come out yelling "oh sh!t" and get out to check damage, not drag him around a couple seconds and then get out.... Oh and If I hit someone for distracted driving I'd probably lose my CDL and this my job...... Well it would probably be a one year suspension, in that time my employer would fire me and I'd be blacklisted, so all I ask Is the officers BLEA cert be suspended a year, he be fired from that department, and have to look for other work.... Maybe they should come up with a CSA type program to measure LE abuses. If it works for truckers it can work for smokey too....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Looks deliberate to me, but if we believe his story what would be the outcome of a person texting and running over a policeman.

    Even if it was a accident, especially if it was an accident, this cop is a idiot who should never be employed again as a LEO.
    WW .. story says he'll be back on the streets soon for the TPD ... there are still more people to run over...

  17. #17
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I thought it was deliberate after watching the video, then I read it was a Tacoma police officer.

    Any Tacoman paying attention while driving? That's a funny one...
    LOL...true.

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Even if the officer had his nose buried in the computer, I would accept that as the reason he ran over the guy. I don't believe the story. Because if I hit something while driving distracted, I would jam the brakes and come out yelling "oh sh!t" and get out to check damage, not drag him around a couple seconds and then get out.... Oh and If I hit someone for distracted driving I'd probably lose my CDL and this my job...... Well it would probably be a one year suspension, in that time my employer would fire me and I'd be blacklisted, so all I ask Is the officers BLEA cert be suspended a year, he be fired from that department, and have to look for other work.... Maybe they should come up with a CSA type program to measure LE abuses. If it works for truckers it can work for smokey too....
    +1 His actions look deliberate all around before and after.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    586
    Watched the video. Hard pressed to see any non-deliberate action on behalf of the TPD.

    At minimum, it falls under distracted driving, which some studies have shown to be more dangerous than drunk driving (MythBusters). Sadly, I bet instead of a new job seeker, the TPD gets a new cleaning lady at 3x the price.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •