• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man lying in street deliberately ran over!

sudden valley gunner

When I saw the headline for this I was dubious it was deliberate until I watched the video.

Car stops and then clearly proceeds to deliberately run over a person. If it wasn't for private surveillance.....we'd never know.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/tacoma-officer-runs-over-man-lying-street/ngLRZ/

FUQ-
  • "Authorities said the officer was patrolling the area and did not see the man on the roadway"

How the hell they can claim this with a straight face!

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
“Looked to me kind of like it was both parties’ fault, where it was just an unfortunate incident, where maybe a young man was just partying too much without a friend to help him,” Mitchell said.

The guy on the road could have had a stroke or something ....

"I did not see him?" Every murderer says that they are not guilty .... so it does not surprise me that this statement was made.

loretta.cool@cityoftacoma.org

Oh, the cop gets a mini vacation and then back to squishing people I guess

Update: email NG

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<loretta.cool@cityoftacoma.org>
(reason: 550 5.1.1 User unknown)

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
I don't know about "deliberately" but we do need more INFO to make an INFORMED determination! Report indicates officer was "distracted" (my word) checking license tags of vehicles parked on the street and didn't see the man on the roadway! May have truly been an accident but I see a fairly large settlement in the works! Possibly a bunch of charges against the man in the road with an 'agreement" to not prosecute him IF he doesn't sue!

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't know about "deliberately" but we do need more INFO to make an INFORMED determination! Report indicates officer was "distracted" (my word) checking license tags of vehicles parked on the street and didn't see the man on the roadway! May have truly been an accident but I see a fairly large settlement in the works! Possibly a bunch of charges against the man in the road with an 'agreement" to not prosecute him IF he doesn't sue!

And who provided the information that he was distracted? The murderer (attempted at this point in time) of course. Take his statement for what its worth: nothing.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
And who provided the information that he was distracted? The murderer (attempted at this point in time) of course. Take his statement for what its worth: nothing.

No evidence presented YET that the LEO's actions resulting in the running over of the victim was in any way KNOWING or INTENTIONAL..... Negligent? ABSOLUTELY! Criminal? We, as in you, I, or any others not directly involved, we just don't know YET!

And yes, sometimes a Negligent INCIDENT just happens! Much like the tragedy of a driver backing over a small child not seen by the operator of a vehicle!

davidmcbeth

Banned
No evidence presented YET that the LEO's actions resulting in the running over of the victim was in any way KNOWING or INTENTIONAL..... Negligent? ABSOLUTELY! Criminal? We, as in you, I, or any others not directly involved, we just don't know YET!

And yes, sometimes a Negligent INCIDENT just happens! Much like the tragedy of a driver backing over a small child not seen by the operator of a vehicle!

The evidence is the video ... has zero relationship to a guy backing into a small child that could not be seen.

The headlights were on the guy, wearing a light colored shirt ....

He ran him over on purpose....he's a sicko individual.

My view of course ...

Freedom1Man

The police car stops 3 times and then after it is close to the body in the street, seems to accelerate over the body and then stop for a 4th time.

This looks like no accident to me.

O1 "Hey look there is a guy in the road."
O2 "Get closer"
O1 "This close?"
O2 "Closer"
O1 "Now?"
O2 "Little more"
O1 "Now?"
O2 "Yeah now floor it!"
Bump bump
O1 and O2 "better stop now"

sudden valley gunner

I don't buy it was anything but deliberate after watching the video.

I did before the video.

3 stops and what appears a purposeful acceleration that it would take to go over a body.

WalkingWolf

Looks deliberate to me, but if we believe his story what would be the outcome of a person texting and running over a policeman.

Even if it was a accident, especially if it was an accident, this cop is a idiot who should never be employed again as a LEO.

Jack House

Looks deliberate to me, but if we believe his story what would be the outcome of a person texting and running over a policeman.

Agreed completely, even it was an accident, it was criminal negligence. If this had happened to any of us, we'd be so far up **** creek without a paddle, we'd be inside a **** glacier. :uhoh:

countryclubjoe

What was this LEO thinking? What would be his motive? The incident will be ruled an accident, the victim and family will be compensated by the tax payers, the idiot driver will be transferred to a desk job. Justice will again be not served.

My .02

Regards

CCJ

sudden valley gunner

Notice how he drives after running over and dragging a person several feet. Pretty telling too.

Maybe he thought he thought the person was less than human and had no rights.

EMNofSeattle

Even if it was a accident, especially if it was an accident, this cop is a idiot who should never be employed again as a LEO.

Even if the officer had his nose buried in the computer, I would accept that as the reason he ran over the guy. I don't believe the story. Because if I hit something while driving distracted, I would jam the brakes and come out yelling "oh sh!t" and get out to check damage, not drag him around a couple seconds and then get out.... Oh and If I hit someone for distracted driving I'd probably lose my CDL and this my job...... Well it would probably be a one year suspension, in that time my employer would fire me and I'd be blacklisted, so all I ask Is the officers BLEA cert be suspended a year, he be fired from that department, and have to look for other work.... Maybe they should come up with a CSA type program to measure LE abuses. If it works for truckers it can work for smokey too....

davidmcbeth

Banned

WW .. story says he'll be back on the streets soon for the TPD ... there are still more people to run over...

sudden valley gunner

I thought it was deliberate after watching the video, then I read it was a Tacoma police officer.

Any Tacoman paying attention while driving? That's a funny one...

LOL...true. ;)

Even if the officer had his nose buried in the computer, I would accept that as the reason he ran over the guy. I don't believe the story. Because if I hit something while driving distracted, I would jam the brakes and come out yelling "oh sh!t" and get out to check damage, not drag him around a couple seconds and then get out.... Oh and If I hit someone for distracted driving I'd probably lose my CDL and this my job...... Well it would probably be a one year suspension, in that time my employer would fire me and I'd be blacklisted, so all I ask Is the officers BLEA cert be suspended a year, he be fired from that department, and have to look for other work.... Maybe they should come up with a CSA type program to measure LE abuses. If it works for truckers it can work for smokey too....

+1 His actions look deliberate all around before and after.

mikeyb

Watched the video. Hard pressed to see any non-deliberate action on behalf of the TPD.

At minimum, it falls under distracted driving, which some studies have shown to be more dangerous than drunk driving (MythBusters). Sadly, I bet instead of a new job seeker, the TPD gets a new cleaning lady at 3x the price.