• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC Instructor "what ifs" me

since9

Campaign Veteran
And as for dumbass CC instructors, the lady from PA is facing three years in jail in NJ for telling the LEO she had a permit and a gun in the car because her CC instructor told her to always inform LEOs. What a jerk off.

Yes, the LEO bears a good deal of that responsibility. To be fair, however, New Jersey bears 100% of the fault for the simple reason they're carrying un-Constitutional laws on the books. Furthermore, the lady herself is also to blame, as she has the same access to the law we do.

When I took a cross-country trip to pick up my household goods, I did not bring my firearm with me, even though I had a solid game plan for staying legal in each of the five states I'd be transiting. The reason I chose not to was because one of those states, California, had too many issues up in the air with respect to open carry, car carry, etc., and I had no confidence that the laws would remain the same by the time I crossed their border. Even being "legal" would not necessarily have kept me out of trouble if I were ever stopped by law enforcement. So, I used my discretion and decided law enforcement was a significantly greater risk to me than the criminal element. My firearm remained at home.

Leader

Snip ........................

Even being "legal" would not necessarily have kept me out of trouble if I were ever stopped by law enforcement. So, I used my discretion and decided law enforcement was a significantly greater risk to me than the criminal element. My firearm remained at home.

Isn't it a shame when this is the rule rather then the exception?