• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sb-656

logunowner

can anyone tell me process and date when it is law by non action?

thanks

Governor Nixon has til July 15th to sign the bill into law or veto the bill. If he signs it, it becomes law 8-28-14, if he lets it become law without signing it, it becomes law on 8-28-14. If he vetoes the bill, the General Assembly can override his veto in Sept., if they do the law will become effective immediately.

Redbaron007

Thx...logunowner. :)

I got tied up last night and couldn't on to respond.

Shhhhhhhhhhh.............

Let things lay............:lol:

Great Gazoo

The IMO crook will wait until the Independence Day Holiday to veto. That way he can rub it in the face of patriots and energize his base telling us all it is what Missouri needs to reduce gun violence and that it is the best thing for America. He appears to have already weakened the overide capability of the republican caucus with his unconstitutional behavior. Too bad the caucus did not have the nuts to impeach the crook. That really improved my confidence in the State Legislature.

Last edited:

plumberdan

Great sign and Gander mtn store in fenton

Thx...logunowner. :)

I got tied up last night and couldn't on to respond.

Shhhhhhhhhhh.............

Let things lay............:lol:

went to Gander Mtn in fenton on gravios bluffs advertise as largest gun store in mo. in main entrance

is great sign welcoming all legal ccw weapons AND ALL OPEN CARRY customers...:) finally a store that gets it!!

not like that other store that resents and fights with you for open carrying....a real pleasure to shop there.

OC for ME

went to Gander Mtn in fenton on gravios bluffs advertise as largest gun store in mo. in main entrance

is great sign welcoming all legal ccw weapons AND ALL OPEN CARRY customers...:) finally a store that gets it!!

not like that other store that resents and fights with you for open carrying....a real pleasure to shop there.
OC is unlawful in Fenton.

plumberdan

may be unlawfull in fenton

OC is unlawful in Fenton.

well it may be unlawfull in fenton proper..it is not unlawfull on private property

such as gander mtn...do u really think a major corporation with team of attorneys

does not check out local law before posting larger 3'x3' sign in lobby welcoming

open carry customers....the liability on their part would be tremendous if stl county

arrested customers for open carry on private property after posting sign telling

customers its okay to open carry here.....not okay at walmart but yes at gander mtn

OC for ME

well it may be unlawfull in fenton proper..it is not unlawfull on private property

such as gander mtn...do u really think a major corporation with team of attorneys

does not check out local law before posting larger 3'x3' sign in lobby welcoming

open carry customers....the liability on their part would be tremendous if stl county

arrested customers for open carry on private property after posting sign telling

customers its okay to open carry here.....not okay at walmart but yes at gander mtn
Gander Mtn. "authorizes" OC inside their building. You being seen by a cop outside in the parking lot/sidewalks OCing will get you hassled, at a minimum, if a thug cop was so inclined. Of course, if GM had a sign at every entrance to their parking lot that indicated that OC was "authorized" on the exterior areas of their property then you might be OK...might...

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Need some help researching the legislative history SB 656

Need some help researching the legislative history SB 656 - where can I find the list of Senators who voted for or against SB 656, as well as those who did not vote on SB 656?

The reason I ask is that - based on my research - SB 656 passed by a **veto proof majority** in the House - 111-28; veto override only requires 109 votes in the house.

But on the Senate side, SB 656 passed by 21-7, 2 votes **short** of the 23 votes needed to override a veto. However in good news, there are supposed to be 34 total Senators so it looks like 6 Senators did not vote at all on SB636, but could vote to override the veto; we only need 2!

Who are these 6 Senators who did not vote on SB 656 and is it plausible that at least 2 of the 6 would vote to override a veto?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Mike Parson Rep Voted for nullification bill
Bob Dixon Rep Voted previously to override veto of nullification bill
Kiki Curls Dem anti-gunner
Mike Cunningham Rep Co sponsor of previous pro-firearm bills
Two open seats

Redbaron007

Dixon voted for the destroying language to the nullification bill; then he voted for 656. Not sure how he will respond to a potential veto vote on SB656.

kcgunfan

So, a little more than a week left and we've made it past July 4th without a veto. More importantly, there's nothing on the governor's site to indicate a veto and Rep. Jones hasn't sent out an email saying it's been vetoed (I swear he writes up one for every bill just in case there is a veto...)

I'm not anymore optimistic than I was before, but I was cautiously optimistic then.

Superlite27

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!

Open carry bills in Missouri are like a ray of beautiful sunshine on a dreary day:

Begin talk of how things are going to turn out beautifully, and it will fade away leaving nothing but disappointment to show that it ever existed.

Great Gazoo

This blurb makes me wonder if he will pocket sign the bill:

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...her-awaits-his-signature.aspx?s=&st=10489&ps=

The IMO crook is trying to be all things to all people as he is probably trying to springboard into national politics. He can angle for the NRA endorsement and still perhaps please his base by not signing the legislation. It could be the best of both worlds for him. If he does pocket sign then he could also staunchly oppose any nullification bill next session with the supremacy clause BS since the issues have taken separate legislative paths. The Governor also may think of a way to mention SJR 36 in a veto message of SB 656 and have it trumpeted by the media.

Last edited:

Redbaron007

This blurb makes me wonder if he will pocket sign the bill:

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...her-awaits-his-signature.aspx?s=&st=10489&ps=

The IMO crook is trying to be all things to all people as he is probably trying to springboard into national politics. He can angle for the NRA endorsement and still perhaps please his base by not signing the legislation. It could be the best of both worlds for him. If he does pocket sign then he could also staunchly oppose any nullification bill next session with the supremacy clause BS since the issues have taken separate legislative paths. The Governor also may think of a way to mention SJR 36 in a veto message of SB 656 and have it trumpeted by the media.

I'm hoping his desire for future political placement will overtake his urge to veto it, allowing the pocket sign. If he has no political ambition, the above bold is a probability. I think he has future ambitions.