• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sb-656

plumberdan

do we have the votes for overide???

Well.....the liberal gubbinor vetoed it!! :mad: :banghead: :mad: :cuss:

http://governor.mo.gov/sites/default/files/SB 656 veto.pdf

What a worthless politician.

whats the next step..after this worthless..governor vetoed bill and can we reach enough to override him...what a piece of garbage he is!!

what a coward if anything happens in any schools in Missouri it will be on him if the teachers cant defend themselves and students...

anything we can do as open carry advocates?

Coach Ike

It was done for the children don't you know.

The problem with his excuse is teachers can already carry concealed in the classroom if approved by the school administration (unless that has been repealed recently). The rest of the bill is what he didn't want, but couldn't say that because it took care of what he didn't like in last years bill that he vetoed.

Great Gazoo

Here is a quote of mine from an earlier thread:

Of course there will be a veto. Following the veto there will be behind the scenes bribery, thuggery, intimidation, deception and illegally unfilled legislative seats to ensure a failed overide. Similar to last year. Our hopes will be greater when a more friendly governor is seated. That is why I have been pursuing the removal of Nixon. If he were to be removed from office this year would the Lt Gov be sworn in? That would clear the way for a success next year.

Redbaron007

whats the next step..after this worthless..governor vetoed bill and can we reach enough to override him...what a piece of garbage he is!!

what a coward if anything happens in any schools in Missouri it will be on him if the teachers cant defend themselves and students...

anything we can do as open carry advocates?

If there is a special session this year, and I think there will be one, the House will probably have no problem overriding the veto. The Senate is a different story. There are some vacancies and it was only passed in there with an exact number or maybe one vote to spare. The Senate is the concern.

My Senator, Bob Dixon, has shown to be wishy washy in voting. Although he voted for it originally, doesn't mean he will do it again. He is up for re-election this year, but is running unopposed. :mad:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Same story...different verse.

And some new noise makers, the old ones are weary.

BTW what the heck is a "gat" sure I know it indicates a firearm but what the heck is gat supposed to mean? I must be getting old cause I missed that acronym.

kcgunfan

And some new noise makers, the old ones are weary.

BTW what the heck is a "gat" sure I know it indicates a firearm but what the heck is gat supposed to mean? I must be getting old cause I missed that acronym.

You must be really old then, gat is short for Gattling Gun.

HP995

Whatever you do, don't try influencing public opinion to supplement the legislative effort. After all, the legislature is a vacuum. And don't touch the media; that's reserved for liberals, a "No Argument" zone. Just repeat the same methods each year and hope for different results. :)

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
You are getting too hung up on this media thing.

Been there, done that, very poor results.

You are quite welcome to run with a media campaign, no one is stopping you.

If you think there is a mass of help in other areas but not the media, you may be watching but you are missing the show that is for sure.

Nothing you do in the media will be any worse than what they already do, you MIGHT cause them to do it with greater frequency but it wont really be worse, they make it a point to hype gun situations every chance they get.

Redbaron007

Has anybody contacted their legislators recently on this coming up in the Special Session? What have they told you?

I've not heard a lot; in fact it is sort of spookie quite.

kcgunfan

I'm going to start with mine next Monday

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OC for ME

Senator...open seat. Chuck...e-mail sent. I'll send another one when the session gets ready to start. I'm trying to line up other folks in my area to send a e-mail as well.

Has anybody contacted their legislators recently on this coming up in the Special Session? What have they told you?

I've not heard a lot; in fact it is sort of spookie quite.

Yep, Both my Senator and Representative. Both have promised to vote to over ride if it is brought up.

kcgunfan

The trick here is to make sure your Rep and Sentator believe it's in their enlightened self-interest to make sure it comes up. I still think it will, but it would be nice to hedge that bet.

In other news, the first day of the override session is Wed Sept 10, and SB 656 is not on the calendar. I'm not particularly surprised though, given what is on the calendar. I suspect Governor Nixon is going to need to get used to disappointment.

OC for ME

Not on the calendar??? I'll be contacting Chuck. It needs to be on the calendar!!! None of this, "Well, we got Amendment 5, what more do we need?" :mad:

I don't have much hope of it being put on the calender. The politicians will not want to take a defeat like they did last year on over ride.