• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

16 GOP collaborators suck up to Warner for Senate

Repeater

Any of them support gun rights in Virginia? Any?

Didn't think so:

16 former GOP elected officials back Warner
Sen. Mark R. Warner, D-Va., announced Monday that 16 former Virginia Republican elected officials have endorsed his re-election bid, including 14 former state legislators as well as former U.S. Sen. John W. Warner and former Gov. Linwood Holton.

“Since no one party has a monopoly on good ideas, I have made it my priority to work across party lines to get real reforms accomplished for Virginians,” said Warner said in a statement sent out by his campaign.

The list of Republican [strike]Warner supporters[/strike] TRAITORS includes former Delegates Vincent F. Callahan Jr. of McLean, a former chairman of the House Appropriations Committee; Katherine Waddell of Richmond; L. Preston Bryant Jr. of Richmond, who served as secretary of Natural Resources in Gov. Timothy M. Kaine’s Cabinet; Robert S. Bloxom Sr. of Mappsville, who served as secretary of Agriculture and Forestry under Govs. Mark R. Warner and Kaine; Jim Dillard of Fairfax County; Clint Miller of Woodstock, who sought the 1993 GOP nomination for governor and later served on the State Corporation Commission; Anne G. “Panny” Rhodes of Richmond; Jack Rollison of Woodbridge, a former chairman of the House Transportation Committee; and Robert Tata of Virginia Beach

The list also includes former state Sens. John Chichester of Reedville, a former Senate Finance Committee chairman who lost the 1985 election for lieutenant governor to L. Douglas Wilder; Brandon Bell of Roanoke; Russ Potts of Winchester; Fred Quayle, of Suffolk and Ed Robb of Albemarle.

How nice. Somebody ask Warner about the Abramski persecution.

va_tazdad

What I love most about Warner

is how he claims in his current ad, how he took a $6 Billion deficit and turned it around to a $1.4 Billion surplus.

Both figures are lies. There was no $6 Billion deficit and the year he lied to the legislature to get the $1.4 Billion tax increase, there was a $427 Million surplus BEFORE the tax increase.

Tim Kaine took over the next January and 3 weeks into his administration demanded a $1.2 BILLION tax increase to cover his "deficit". (Do the math. Warner left Kaine a $1.87 BILLION surplus the year he took office)

How do Democrats manage to lose BILLIONS in 30 days between administrations? McDonnell had a multi-million $$$ surplus since he took office. How did McAuffle create a $ 1.5 Billion deficit in 5 months?????