• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting news artical

Bill45

Although this happened in Maine it is interesting. I wonder how this would have gone down if it happened in Washington.:

MADISON, Maine (AP) - A man with a realistic-looking tattoo of a gun on his stomach had the real thing tucked into his waistband when he was arrested, police said.

Police told the Morning Sentinel that 41-year-old Michael Smith, of Norridgewock, showed up at a sheriff's deputy's home Thursday night. He was crying and had been drinking, authorities said.

Smith told police he had a fight with his ex-girlfriend and had stolen prescription narcotics from her, authorities said.

He was charged with stealing drugs, and his gun was confiscated. He was released from jail on $1,000 bail. His phone has been disconnected, and he couldn't be reached for comment.

Madison police Officer Eric Bronson said Smith was carrying a .40-caliber Glock but isn't facing any gun charges because Maine is an open-carry state and his weapon was visible.

Smith's next court date is Aug. 6.

Smith made headlines in March when members of a tree removal crew he'd told to clear off his property reported that he had a gun. But the gun turned out to be his tattoo.

He told the newspaper then that the tattoo had never been a problem before. He wasn't charged in that case.

Seriona

I don't see this as an issue for WA. Tattoos are perfectly legal, someone calling the police because it looks real will at the worst, have a cop come to waist both of your time confirming nothing. Second, the man wasn't charge for any gun crime because he followed the local laws. I pass Snohomish and Everett police and they never stopped to talk to me and I OC a pistol.