Thread: Has the Dept. of Homeland Security become America’s standing army? Rutherford Inst.

Has the Dept. of Homeland Security become America’s standing army? Rutherford Inst.

WHITEHEAD: Has the Dept. of Homeland Security become America’s standing army? Posted: Monday, June 16, 2014 11:36 am

By John W. Whitehead, The Rutherford Institute

A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty.”—James Madison

“Here [in New Mexico], we are moving more toward a national police force. Homeland Security is involved with a lot of little things around town. Somebody in Washington needs to call a timeout.”—Dan Klein, retired Albuquerque Police Department sergeant
    Advertisement

If the United States is a police state, then the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is its national police force, with all the brutality, ineptitude and corruption such a role implies. In fact, although the DHS’ governmental bureaucracy may at times appear to be inept and bungling, it is ruthlessly efficient when it comes to building what the Founders feared most—a standing army on American soil.

The third largest federal agency behind the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Defense, the DHS—with its 240,000 full-time workers, $61 billion budget and sub-agencies that include the Coast Guard, Customs and Border Protection, Secret Service, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)—has been aptly dubbed a “runaway train.”

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/frien...9c447f61f.html

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl=dsaBm63Z8oQsAvM

A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State by John Whitehead and Nat Hentoff (Jun 25, 2013)

http://www.amazon.com/Government-Wol.../dp/1590799755
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-16-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

US indoctrination has always been around. What makes it so special now is that for a first time since the Civil War, a lot of people are actually opening up to the idea of a full Revolution. This kind of stuff is illegal and needs to be stopped but they can do it because no one really wants to do anything about it; both government and we the people.

EDWIN STARR'S "War"

Quote Originally Posted by Seriona View Post
    [ ... ] for a first time since the Civil War, a lot of people are actually opening up to the idea of a full Revolution. [ ... ]
    I trust that you were not during the build up to the Viet Nam War, nor served then?

EDWIN STARR
    "War"

War, it ain't nothing but a heartbreaker
    War, friend only to the undertaker
    Peace, love and understanding
    Tell me, is there no place for them today
    They say we must fight to keep our freedom
    But Lord knows there's got to be a better way

http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/edwin_starr/war.html

I was active duty from 24 April 1969 until 24 April 1975 and retired as a civilian from DoN/DoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I trust that you were not during the build up to the Viet Nam War, nor served then?

EDWIN STARR
    "War"

War, it ain't nothing but a heartbreaker
    War, friend only to the undertaker
    Peace, love and understanding
    Tell me, is there no place for them today
    They say we must fight to keep our freedom
    But Lord knows there's got to be a better way

http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/edwin_starr/war.html

I was active duty from 24 April 1969 until 24 April 1975 and retired as a civilian from DoN/DoD.
    I was born in 88. So from what I gathered, it was more of a cultural rather than military revolution.

Most folks back then, engaged in the "revolution," don't remember back then.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Most folks back then, engaged in the "revolution," don't remember back then.
    Perhaps those engaged in the sub-cultural revolution.

I learned to use a telephoto lens and wash CS from my friends eyes. I was my class representative to the college health service. Then I dropped out and within two weeks was drafted, but dodged the draft in the Navy NNPP that I made a career. I know where many, too many, names are on the Memorial 'Wall', including a BiL.