• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

School and Day care.

77zach

Is a day care considered a school? are you allowed to carry while dropping off or picking up?

If you have a cwfl or other state valid carry permit you may not carry in "any elementary or secondary school facility or administration building". I would not consider a daycare a school.

Even at a school, anyone can have a loaded handgun in a closed container, such as a gun case or glovebox. You cannot have it on you, even if you have a license, on school property. It must be in the glovebox.

Of course, Fl is concealed only, which means, well.... concealed. So I don't worry too much about the "prohibited place" :)

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ute&URL=0700-0799/0790/0790ContentsIndex.html

Last edited:

Raggs

"For the purposes of this section, “school” means any preschool, elementary school, middle school, junior high school, secondary school, career center, or postsecondary school, whether public or nonpublic." §790.115(2)(a)

Day care =/= preschool

meaning not equal?

77zach

not helpful, quick check of C coding shows == is true or equal to

Fl differentiates between prek and daycares. They're different. If you're that concerned about it, just leave the gun in the glovebox when you pick up the kid. If it is a school you're legal if you leave it in the glovebox.

Last edited:

randian

not helpful, quick check of C coding shows == is true or equal to
If it were C code you would use != to indicate "not equal". I wonder how "career center" got on this list. It's a rather odd addition, not like the others. Of course, the notion that carry should be banned on school grounds is absurd to begin with.