• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"stop gun violence(antis) march in b'ham today

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
The march starts at 11:45 at Bellingham hs and continues to the city hall. SVG and I will be there in support of 2A. Anyone who is free at that time could help out a great deal by assisting.
We did not know about this untill this morn so sorry about the short notice. Please respond.

sudden valley gunner

All went well , no kids were harmed by the presence of two openly armed individuals who don't agree with what was being said but support their right to say it!

joshjbrady

"Protect Children, Not Guns" (From the picture in the B'ham Herald article)

What do they think protects children? Certainly not gun free zones.

stealthyeliminator

Love the coverage of you guys being there and the fact that they included your quotes. I was just reading earlier how that opportunity/coverage is generally only seen being afforded to gun control activists that show up at pro-gun rallies.

"I want there to be a way to stop the people who are going to do that," she said. *facepalm*

sudden valley gunner

Love the coverage of you guys being there and the fact that they included your quotes. I was just reading earlier how that opportunity/coverage is generally only seen being afforded to gun control activists that show up at pro-gun rallies.

"I want there to be a way to stop the people who are going to do that," she said. *facepalm*

The reporters have in our last several experiences have done a fairly good job with gun and OC. Some don't want us to go saying it will be bad press. My experience is the reporter deliberately looks to hear the other side and have been fairly fair to us for showing up. Maybe it makes their job easier and more exciting to have both parties there.

John asked her how she would solve the problem, she said that would be up to the politicians (paraphrasing) Uncle John then politely said "No, no you don't get to say you want something done, without having an idea how you want it done".

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
The lead speaker had good delivery. The content was skewed (74 school shoots) and I called her on that. She knew the info was wrong, but used it anyway. I heard them asking for gun bans, confiscation and registration, but not one idea about keeping nuts out of schools.

SVG and I tried to engage conversations on the march. The first said she was just there because her friends were. The next just happened to be the Mom of the speaker. Good conversation with that one. Nobody was afraid and Mom and the Speaker engaged US after the rally. They had guns at home too, and Mom took a brochure. We talked about "the Militia" and who was included. Mom did like the Washington State version of the 2A. All in all it was good.

Sweet Baboo was there too.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
That is what I asked. I said "A bad guy with a weapon of some kind is standing at the school door, about to walk in, What can be done to stop him/her now?" crickets.

They all want to be protected, I support that. They have not a clue as to accomplish that other than fewer firearms in LAC hands. I do not support that. I listened to a woman who wanted to rewrite the 2A to ban personal firearms and SVG reminded her of the last attempt at prohibition.

The People will put up with a great deal of cr@p from their .gov. That is in evidence right now with the current admin. If this prohibition was conducted, I think it would go very badly.

OC for ME

"This fear that most of us have is a sign that something is gravely wrong with our country and something needs to be fixed," she [Lucy Evans] said to the crowd.
She is only a highskrooler, critical thinking is not required.

"I want there to be a way to stop the people who are going to do that," she [Lorraine McCalla] said.
She too is only a highskrooler. But, here is a hint, guns in skrool is not always a bad thing.

How many were there because they had to be there?

Dave Workman

U.N. on ‘collision course’ with 2A, and they’ve got company

The United Nations is on a “collision course” with the Second Amendment, according to a representative from the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation, and the world body appears to have company from Michael Bloomberg’s “Everytown for Gun Safety” organization, and some high school students in Bellingham.

http://www.examiner.com/article/u-n-on-collision-course-with-2a-and-they-ve-got-company