Thread: New sign at the local (and only) grocery store nearby

New sign at the local (and only) grocery store nearby

No firearms or weapons allowed. I guess I'll be traveling a bit further for my vegetables and condiments.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaResident View Post
    No firearms or weapons allowed. I guess I'll be traveling a bit further for my vegetables and condiments.
    I thought you were going to say the sign said "handgun carry encouraged, please keep holstered unless needed, then judicious marksmanship encouraged". What is Montana coming too?

Now that we have concealed carry in Illinois one bank here in Southern Illinois has a sign "Protected by Smith & Wesson" the bank president said they always had some employees who carried but now they decided to advertise it. A short time ago down here in Cairo Illinois two bank employees were killed by a robber.

The only food stores I've seen posted around here are the Aldis stores and a natural food coop. The Walmarts here in Illinois were posted no carry for employees and vendors but they got a lot of negative feedback from people who carry, including me, because they used the state approved CPZ sign and added wording to it. Those signs came down pretty quickly.
    Last edited by junglebob; 06-17-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by junglebob View Post
    I thought you were going to say the sign said "handgun carry encouraged, please keep holstered unless needed, then judicious marksmanship encouraged". What is Montana coming too?

Now that we have concealed carry in Illinois one bank here in Southern Illinois has a sign "Protected by Smith & Wesson" the bank president said they always had some employees who carried but now they decided to advertise it. A short time ago down here in Cairo Illinois two bank employees were killed by a robber.

The only food stores I've seen posted around here are the Aldis stores and a natural food coop. The Walmarts here in Illinois were posted no carry for employees and vendors but they got a lot of negative feedback from people who carry, including me, because they used the state approved CPZ sign and added wording to it. Those signs came down pretty quickly.
    I am wondering how long this sign will stay up. I've decided to continue to carry in the store, till I am told not to, at which point I'll make my complaint and leave and not return.

I would laugh my butt off if they get robbed now...lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    And if the robber got caught .. I would not find him guilty. Ka-Pow to your stupid signs.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    I've never heard of a store being robbed at rope point. If it was at gun point, the owner would just get a bigger sign and maybe with graphics for the illiterate criminals.

Banned
    I've never heard of a store being robbed at rope point. If it was at gun point, the owner would just get a bigger sign and maybe with graphics for the illiterate criminals.
    No Garrotes Beyond This Point

You forgot some very important information. What store and where? Is it a chain, like IGA that are in a lot of small towns?

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCZ View Post
    You forgot some very important information. What store and where? Is it a chain, like IGA that are in a lot of small towns?
    This. What's the point of the thread except to work to get them to change their minds and take down the signs?

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    This. What's the point of the thread except to work to get them to change their minds and take down the signs?
    Stangs in St. Regis

Since it looks like a Ma&Pa type store, why not go in, talk to the owner(s), establish a rapport, ask if you can have an exemption. Demonstrate your good attitude, background check, etc. Maybe start out by asking them 'what happened'.

You might even ask if their insurance covers you if you are attacked in their parking lot with your firearm in the car - but first try the friendly approach.

You never know, they might allow it.

One of my more observant neighbors says the signs been up since Oct2013. I've been in there dozens of times carrying, since then. Seems odd to hang a sign and then make no attempt to even mention it.