• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops said they'd vow to ‘Go to the U.S. Supreme [Court] on This Baby’

Kopis

Dude, that guy is an idiot and makes OCers look bad. if you really feel the need to carry a rifle, there is probably a time and place for that like the gentleman hiking in texas with his kid. That case seemed to be wrongful arrest. However this guy is just standing around in the street with a rifle? He wasnt going anywhere, just standing there. Im sorry but that is weird. The first cop was being pretty polite considering. then the OCer goes nuts screaming and cursing.

Gordon: Hey partner, how you doing? Can you set that down real quick and talk to me?

Houseman: I’m not setting it down.

Gordon: Well you can’t cross the street like that.

Houseman: Am I being detained?

Gordon: Yes, you are being detained right now. You crossed the street illegally. Place the weapon down on the ground please.

Houseman: I will not.

Gordon radios that it appears the man will not drop his rifle.

Gordon: ”Look, you crossed the street illegally; I just want to talk to you. I just want to talk to you. You’re walking around here scaring people, man.

Geik: But you’re not stable mentally, which now takes you away from that rifle.

Houseman: I’m not stable mentally? How do you decide that?

Geik: You’re damn right. How did this happen with open carry? What are you supposed to do when you contact law enforcement? Do you say, ‘I hate you mother(expletive), (expletive) you? I hate you, there’s a revolution coming.’ Do you say that? Is that what you’re taught?

Houseman: It was wrong of me.

Houseman again asks for his gun back. Geik tells him he wants to make sure he isn’t a risk to himself or others.

davidmcbeth

Banned
"you crossed the street illegally" .. cop

"my rifle has a different opinion....case closed"...American

(I did win a parking ticket case today !!! Horraaay! Scammed them outta 45 bucks ... how? "My rifle says I'm not guilty" ... )

Fallschirjmäger

If he crossed the street illegally, why were there so few questions about the matter?

If he crossed the street illegally, why was he not ticket/fined/arrested for doing so?

I'm not saying he didn't, nor that he crossed legally, I'm just wondering why the reason for approaching him didn't seem to turn out to be the reason they were approaching him.

Kopis

i agree the jaywalking thing is lame but walking around with an unloaded rifle just standing around is senseless, weird etc. Not everything has to be illegal for common sense to tell you not to do it.

davidmcbeth

Banned
It's the pedestrian version of a busted taillight.

Dang ! I recently read a court opinion about RAS for a busted or burnt out tail-light. And in the state .. only one one tail light needed to be functional -- I don't recall if they tossed all the drug evidence out because of it....

PeterNSteinmetz

Seems like he might have kept his cool better. OTOH, it's not clear they really had good ground to take his firearm. The fact that he wasn't charged sort of indicates the LEOs likely didn't have good cause for the stop. It would be interesting to hear then carriers opinion.

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...wing-to-go-to-the-supreme-court-on-this-baby/

They love to speak out of one side of their mouth and then harass law abiding people.

at about 9:10-9:20 the cop says he would just like to shoot his ass.

ok ok ok

If you are too afraid to walk up to a LAC then a) don't and leave him alone or b) get a new job

When cops say that they want to shoot people then people who get engaged by cops may think that its their actual intent ...

Fallschirjmäger

i agree the jaywalking thing is lame but walking around with an unloaded rifle just standing around is senseless, weird etc. Not everything has to be illegal for common sense to tell you not to do it.

PyfC8.jpg

Funny, I don't see panicked people running hell bent for safety.

Then again, that picture is from one o' them Europeen countries, not from the freedom luvin' USA.
And that's a fully automatic SIG 550.

Last edited:

Tucker6900

The only ones in a panic that I saw were the police employees.

Jaywalking is a victimless crime. Just another revenue generating law that allows police to do things like this. One of tons of lame and probably unconstitutional laws that police employees use to gain PC.

Outside of that, if the police employees would have approached this man differently, this would have not been a news story. However, we do not know his actions prior to the police employees showing up, but we cant take the word of the sheep that called in to report him.

Glad to see my old stomping ground hasnt yet gone to hell because of trigger happy cops...yet.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk