• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vienna FFL?

mbs357

I've seen some results here from Google and searching but they're all very old so I'll ask again:

Is there an FFL in Vienna, VA? I have a unique situation in that I live in town but have no transportation. I'm looking to get back into the gun thing now that I've re-established myself up here and have stable income. Specifically, I'd like to build an AR-15 and need a place to ship a lower.

I've seen a few places that are definitely within walking distance to me but I just need to know if they're still up. Also, apparently The Clockshop of Vienna has an FFL according to Google? There also appears to be Dunn Loring Trading Co but I've been down that street many times and haven't seen it.

And if all else fails there's always Taxi time, but it's difficult to actually find all the tiny places hidden away that could be closer than the popular results with Google so I would ask if anyone knew of the closest FFL to Vienna.

mbs357

The FFL finders and Google searches are things I've already done, I was hoping someone would have actual personal and physical experience with someone in Vienna.

I don't have the skill, space, or equipment to do an 80%.

Fairfax is not in Vienna.

The private sale thing is a good idea, I'll look into that.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The FFL finders and Google searches are things I've already done, I was hoping someone would have actual personal and physical experience with someone in Vienna.

I don't have the skill, space, or equipment to do an 80%.

Fairfax is not in Vienna.

The private sale thing is a good idea, I'll look into that.

Gotta drill and a dremel? That's all that's needed ... go buy some of those cheap cast ones and have fun, fifty bucks, what ya got to lose?

Or make it out of flat plate .. no real tools needed but some elbow grease.
http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=133335

The flat steel lower works .. looks unique too

Last edited:

mbs357

Gotta drill and a dremel? That's all that's needed ... go buy some of those cheap cast ones and have fun, fifty bucks, what ya got to lose?

Or make it out of flat plate .. no real tools needed but some elbow grease.
http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=133335

The flat steel lower works .. looks unique too

I can't pick up chicks with a lower like that....

But that's seriously cool. Almost as cool as the 3D printed lowers.

I really don't think that I'll be able to handle all that without a good drill press though and I simply don't have access to one. :(