Thread: Give me some ideas

Give me some ideas

This past weekend we bought a new house and it has this workshop attached to it. It used to be the garage and was converted about 10 years ago. Has 20 outlets, recessed swivel ceiling lights and what you can't see behind the door is another wall if workbenches.

My current thought is computer refurbishing as that is a skill I acquired in the 90s and is somewhat profitable but my kids ordered me to put the treadmill and wavemaster in there and make a home dojo.
    What would you do with it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140615_005.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	11722  

If it is climate controlled (or able to be added easily) then it would become my reloading room and general workshop. That would include firearm maintenance and probably computer maintenance and repair as well (I also acquired that skill and do a bit on the side for family, friends and the occasional paying customer). Probably not any of my woodworking though, unless part of it can be easily sectioned off to keep dust down, etc.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Based on the color of the walls I suggest some sort of Bloodsport, like cockfighting or Bullfighting.

Or take up hair cutting and bloodletting.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Based on the color of the walls I suggest some sort of Bloodsport, like cockfighting or Bullfighting.

Not nearly enough standing room...

Actually looks like a decent setup for a small shop (fix your lawnmower and whatnot)
    Easily enough room for a small selection of tools and enough left over for computer work, id say.

Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

Banned
    Sounds like a place to have fun building some guns !

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post

Lmao maybe I should put pictures of van damme kicking stuff all over and start my own mcdojo and just beat up little kids all day.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    If it is climate controlled (or able to be added easily) then it would become my reloading room and general workshop. That would include firearm maintenance and probably computer maintenance and repair as well (I also acquired that skill and do a bit on the side for family, friends and the occasional paying customer). Probably not any of my woodworking though, unless part of it can be easily sectioned off to keep dust down, etc.

I have a few fans?? It certainly has enough outlets to run a lot of equipment. Forgot to add it has its own separate breaker box.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    If it was me I'd probably be looking to turn it into some sort of man cave but that doesn't sound in line with what you're thinking. Sounds like you're aimed more at something productive as opposed to strictly entertaining. That so?
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    If it was me I'd probably be looking to turn it into some sort of man cave but that doesn't sound in line with what you're thinking. Sounds like you're aimed more at something productive as opposed to strictly entertaining. That so?

yup. $$$$$$$

Banned
    Ya got 2 choices:

1) build dollhouses

or

2) build guns

Since you're posting here I assume its #2 ... unless you are going to build dollhouses in which there is gun manufacturing occurring inside them...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I don't see why you can't combine the two ideas somewhat, with how the room appears to be sectioned.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Ya got 2 choices:

1) build dollhouses

or

2) build guns

Since you're posting here I assume its #2 ... unless you are going to build dollhouses in which there is gun manufacturing occurring inside them...
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I don't see why you can't combine the two ideas somewhat, with how the room appears to be sectioned.
    Doll houses and guns?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Well,,,

area #1 computer fixing
    area #2 reloading, gun fixing + all other handy man stuff
    middle area broke down comfy couch + TV
    corner, fridge with ice, beer and mixer,,, shelf nearby with the right and necessary potables...

to hell with the dojo,,, exercise BS the kids want..
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Doll houses and guns?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

got a problem with my hobbies? BANG!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    area #1 computer fixing
    area #2 reloading, gun fixing + all other handy man stuff
    middle area broke down comfy couch + TV
    corner, fridge with ice, beer and mixer,,, shelf nearby with the right and necessary potables...

to hell with the dojo,,, exercise BS the kids want..

hmmmmmm...beer sounds good. TV and VCR...Reservoir Dogs...but I do enjoy kicking Rufus in his pecs...yeah. I named the wavemaster.

Yeah. It is getting a TV. I have my garage TV in mind. Its an old 30" CRT that's duct taped together. The front keeps falling off because I hit it with my SUV last winter.

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    Yeah. It is getting a TV. I have my garage TV in mind. Its an old 30" CRT that's duct taped together. The front keeps falling off because I hit it with my SUV last winter.
    Clearly a real man's TV. I used to have a TV like that. It was a 13" I got when I was around 4yo. All the buttons were missing from 20 years of abuse, so either you had to have the remote or use a long something or other to slip inside the holes to press the internal button sensor thingy. Poor thing finally gave up the ghost a couple years back. RIP my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    Classics!

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Huhh???

Classics!
    my old tv is 5 inch, b+w, cabled to my cable box, "set to ch 3" with the "tuning" knob...
    its sitting on top of my hot water heater, I plug it in, for power, before i sit on my "toilet"......

Old School,,,,,,, thats How I Roll!!!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    my old tv is 5 inch, b+w, cabled to my cable box, "set to ch 3" with the "tuning" knob...
    its sitting on top of my hot water heater, I plug it in, for power, before i sit on my "toilet"......

Old School,,,,,,, thats How I Roll!!!!!
    I am surprised it isn't ducktaped there...