• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Give me some ideas

wimwag

This past weekend we bought a new house and it has this workshop attached to it. It used to be the garage and was converted about 10 years ago. Has 20 outlets, recessed swivel ceiling lights and what you can't see behind the door is another wall if workbenches.

My current thought is computer refurbishing as that is a skill I acquired in the 90s and is somewhat profitable but my kids ordered me to put the treadmill and wavemaster in there and make a home dojo.
What would you do with it?

Attachments

• WP_20140615_005.jpg
    WP_20140615_005.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 103

JustaShooter

If it is climate controlled (or able to be added easily) then it would become my reloading room and general workshop. That would include firearm maintenance and probably computer maintenance and repair as well (I also acquired that skill and do a bit on the side for family, friends and the occasional paying customer). Probably not any of my woodworking though, unless part of it can be easily sectioned off to keep dust down, etc.

hhofent

Based on the color of the walls I suggest some sort of Bloodsport, like cockfighting or Bullfighting.

Or take up hair cutting and bloodletting.

Not nearly enough standing room...

Actually looks like a decent setup for a small shop (fix your lawnmower and whatnot)
Easily enough room for a small selection of tools and enough left over for computer work, id say.

Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

wimwag

Based on the color of the walls I suggest some sort of Bloodsport, like cockfighting or Bullfighting.

Or take up hair cutting and bloodletting.

Lmao maybe I should put pictures of van damme kicking stuff all over and start my own mcdojo and just beat up little kids all day.

wimwag

If it is climate controlled (or able to be added easily) then it would become my reloading room and general workshop. That would include firearm maintenance and probably computer maintenance and repair as well (I also acquired that skill and do a bit on the side for family, friends and the occasional paying customer). Probably not any of my woodworking though, unless part of it can be easily sectioned off to keep dust down, etc.

I have a few fans?? It certainly has enough outlets to run a lot of equipment. Forgot to add it has its own separate breaker box.

stealthyeliminator

If it was me I'd probably be looking to turn it into some sort of man cave but that doesn't sound in line with what you're thinking. Sounds like you're aimed more at something productive as opposed to strictly entertaining. That so?

wimwag

If it was me I'd probably be looking to turn it into some sort of man cave but that doesn't sound in line with what you're thinking. Sounds like you're aimed more at something productive as opposed to strictly entertaining. That so?

yup. $$$$$$$

davidmcbeth

Banned
Ya got 2 choices:

1) build dollhouses

or

2) build guns

Since you're posting here I assume its #2 ... unless you are going to build dollhouses in which there is gun manufacturing occurring inside them...

Primus

Ya got 2 choices:

1) build dollhouses

or

2) build guns

Since you're posting here I assume its #2 ... unless you are going to build dollhouses in which there is gun manufacturing occurring inside them...

I don't see why you can't combine the two ideas somewhat, with how the room appears to be sectioned.

Doll houses and guns?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

1245A Defender

Well,,,

area #1 computer fixing
area #2 reloading, gun fixing + all other handy man stuff
middle area broke down comfy couch + TV
corner, fridge with ice, beer and mixer,,, shelf nearby with the right and necessary potables...

to hell with the dojo,,, exercise BS the kids want..

wimwag

area #1 computer fixing
area #2 reloading, gun fixing + all other handy man stuff
middle area broke down comfy couch + TV
corner, fridge with ice, beer and mixer,,, shelf nearby with the right and necessary potables...

to hell with the dojo,,, exercise BS the kids want..

hmmmmmm...beer sounds good. TV and VCR...Reservoir Dogs...but I do enjoy kicking Rufus in his pecs...yeah. I named the wavemaster.

wimwag

I don't see why you can't combine the two ideas somewhat, with how the room appears to be sectioned.

Yeah. It is getting a TV. I have my garage TV in mind. Its an old 30" CRT that's duct taped together. The front keeps falling off because I hit it with my SUV last winter.

Jack House

Yeah. It is getting a TV. I have my garage TV in mind. Its an old 30" CRT that's duct taped together. The front keeps falling off because I hit it with my SUV last winter.
Clearly a real man's TV. I used to have a TV like that. It was a 13" I got when I was around 4yo. All the buttons were missing from 20 years of abuse, so either you had to have the remote or use a long something or other to slip inside the holes to press the internal button sensor thingy. Poor thing finally gave up the ghost a couple years back. RIP my friend. :cry: