Thread: TrueCrypt plug mysteriously pulled with warnings galore.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

TrueCrypt plug mysteriously pulled with warnings galore.

The popular open-source encryption software TrueCrypt has plummeted into a cloud of mystery and conspiracy.
    Righteous government, or the righteous lack thereof, is the product of a righteous society, not the producer of it.

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Hmpf. Born under a cloud (SecureStar claimed copyright to the source code) and died under a cloud (WindozeXP). TrueCrypt announced in April and on SourceForge that it was dun.
    Last Update: 2014-05-29

WARNING: Using TrueCrypt is not secure as it may contain unfixed security issues

The development of TrueCrypt was ended in 5/2014 after Microsoft terminated support of Windows XP. Windows 8/7/Vista and later offer integrated support for encrypted disks and virtual disk images. Such integrated support is also available on other platforms. You should migrate any data encrypted by TrueCrypt to encrypted disks or virtual disk images supported on your platform.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-17-2014 at 08:10 PM.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

Georgia, USA
    It does give one pause, but I've managed to switch over to BitLocker even though I don't think it's nearly as user-friendly (and is only provided as part of the 65-bit Windows packages)

Most of my in-house security is handled by Predator, I don't need secured files so much as a pc that's secured while I'm not there to attend it.