• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Polk County Sheriff?

wimwag

I'm moving to Polk County, and the Sheriff is Peter Johnson. What can anybody tell me about him or his department in regards to open carry interactions? I sent him an email announcing my arrival in the hope that I don't "scare" some poor deputy just out of tech school. Might be a nail in the foot...hope not.

There is a video of a debate in 2010 where he and another claim to support concealed carry and he mentions that open carry is already legal but that may be just some pre election lip service for all I know.