• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Permit holder "badge"

Rich B

NOW that is just dumb! Badges are not protected by the consitution and they are not a right. They convey authority, that is there purpose. NON LEOs have no authority of the state, they only have the right.

Ahh yes, rights come from the constitution... I forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

Seriously, I have asked you before: Why do you come to troll and insult people on another state's forum when you are clearly so removed from what is going on here?

WalkingWolf

Ahh yes, rights come from the constitution... I forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

Seriously, I have asked you before: Why do you come to troll and insult people on another state's forum when you are clearly so removed from what is going on here?

I didn't insult anyone, I called the idea dumb. And it is!

If I really wanted to insult I would post youtubers and their conceal carry badges.

Last edited:

Rich B

I didn't insult anyone, I called the idea dumb. And it is!

So is commenting on something you have no experience or relation to.

Want to tell us about Burgess v Wallingford and the decision's text? Care to elaborate why you think Connecticut law would only allow a LEO to possess a shiny badge?

Putting your foot in your mouth is one thing. Continuing to argue that the taste of leather, grass and dog **** on your tongue is really just a green popsicle is another thing entirely.

The fact that you and your brethren keep talking about 'conceal carry badges' is even more evidence of the case.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Of course I have no experience wearing a concealed carry badge, I think it is dumb.

You can possess as many shiny badges as you want. Just buy them on ebay, they are worthless for authority. They will even sell them to a felon, or mental patient, no background check needed.

Last edited:

Primus

Talk about harmful to 'rights'. Did you think about this before you said it?

w54.jpg

^ Pretending to be LE!

Did you even bother to read the OP, NOBODY is talking about firefighter badges. But since you brought it up, why would a firefighter need his badge when not working? YES, I have seen fire fighters try to give the impression they are cops, not very many, but a few.

There is no reason for anybody to wear a badge when they are not a police officer, unless they have arrest powers and are carrying under authority of the state.

Just can imagine a firefighter seeing a fire off duty, pulls his badge and order the fire to surrender... :banana:

That's just fire fighter/medics emulating their heroes.

:D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

That's just fire fighter/medics emulating their heroes.

:D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Hell, most cops don't walk around displaying a badge when off duty. Yes they have one, but why draw attention to yourself when trying to enjoy off time?

It would be like being a undercover officer trying to make a drug deal WEARING a badge...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Personal insults do not benefit this site, nor make one's opinion more valid.

Yes anyone can post to any sub-forum here - we call it sharing and such is considered a good thing.

Fallschirjmäger

There is no reason for anybody to wear a badge when they are not a police officer, unless they have arrest powers and are carrying under authority of the state.

Just can imagine a firefighter seeing a fire off duty, pulls his badge and order the fire to surrender... :banana:
A badge is a symbol of authority, something not solely reserved unto law enforcement.

A firefighter seeing a fire off duty, pulls his badge and orders the fire to surrender just like a police officer, seeing a speeding car orders the car to slow down to the speed limit.
Or, for those of us with imaginations more grounded in reality; an off-duty firefighter
- orders a motorist not to cross over a fire hose
- orders a homeowner not to ignite a burn pile within xx feet of a structure
- direct traffic (People v. Loren (N.Y.))
... all those being well within the established authority of a firefighter.

There is more than is dreamt of in your philosophy, WW.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A badge is a symbol of authority, something not solely reserved unto law enforcement.

A firefighter seeing a fire off duty, pulls his badge and orders the fire to surrender just like a police officer, seeing a speeding car orders the car to slow down to the speed limit.
Or, for those of us with imaginations more grounded in reality; an off-duty firefighter
- orders a motorist not to cross over a fire hose
- orders a homeowner not to ignite a burn pile within xx feet of a structure
- direct traffic (People v. Loren (N.Y.))
... all those being well within the established authority of a firefighter.

There is more than is dreamt of in your philosophy, WW.
Acknowledged, but do they OC their badge as they go about their daily (off duty) routines?

More to the point, do they wear their badge next to their EDC?

JoeSparky

Centurion
And what possible authority could a concealed carry badge convey?
While the use of the suggested badge as proposed by the OP may give open carriers a short term decrease of harassment for lawful carry it does absolutely nothing in my opinion to this sites end goal of full lawful recognition of open carry without harassment by Leo's and the public.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
While the use of the suggested badge as proposed by the OP may give open carriers a short term decrease of harassment for lawful carry it does absolutely nothing in my opinion to this sites end goal of full lawful recognition of open carry without harassment by Leo's and the public.

QFT
icon14.png

FTG-05

I think the idea of an OCer wearing any* badge next to their gun is pretty dumb.

* Absent some professional affiliation (e.g. a firefighter wearing their FD badge). Otherwise, it's intent by so wearing one would be clearly to convey some sort of authority that simply does exist.

Oh, and supporting Open Carry only as long as you have a "permit" is not supporting Open Carry. It's supporting the destruction of a basic human right for the benefit of the state. :banghead:

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I think the idea of an OCer wearing any* badge next to their gun is pretty dumb.

* Absent some professional affiliation (e.g. a firefighter wearing their FD badge). Otherwise, it's intent by so wearing one would be clearly to convey some sort of authority that simply does exist.

Oh, and supporting Open Carry only as long as you have a "permit" is not supporting Open Carry. It's supporting the destruction of a basic human right for the benefit of the state. :banghead:
+1

Fallschirjmäger

Oh, and supporting Open Carry only as long as you have a "permit" is not supporting Open Carry. It's supporting the destruction of a basic human right for the benefit of the state.
As someone required by the State to have a license to carry openly, I have to find myself in agreement.
But.... we're working on it!

JoeSparky

Centurion

Thought I'd included this also, but I see I didnt'---

Using a badge in this manner stinks of deception as it leads those viewing said badge to believe the badge is something it is not! Not to the level of impersonating an officer OVERTLY which would be illegal but certainly isn't on the up and up!

sraacke

The Heller decision spelled it out for you:

"[A] right to carry arms openly: "This is the right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States, and which is calculated to incite men to a manly and noble defence of themselves, if necessary, and of their country, without any tendency to secret advantages and unmanly assassinations."" District of Columbia v. Heller, 128 S. Ct. 2783 - Supreme Court (2008)
Since I have not seen it yet, the quote above was found in the Heller arguments but is a cite to the Louisiana case, State v. Chandler 5 La Ann. 489, 490 (1850).
I just thought everyone would like to know where it came from.

RU serious

While I don't agree with the OP, I noticed several of the initial responders flambeed his arse. That seems to be typical of this site, yes?