Thread: Informing the public?

Question Informing the public?

I think I read something somewhere about someone having cards to hand out for uninformed citizens who inquire about our OC guns. Is there something this community prints up where we can buy, or something?

I would love to have a pocket full of cards to hand off to explain rights and direct people to this site that ask about my OC.

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar
    Flyer is not what you are looking for. I'll suggest that you take the key content from the flyer that you want and make your own cards through Vista Print.

μολών λαβέ
    Be active.

Yea I'd rather have cards with information similar to the flyer on them.

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar
    Sorry, I'm from VA, only know of cards for us. Perhaps a NC native can advise you. Otherwise, it's up to you.

μολών λαβέ
    Last edited by Liberty-or-Death; 06-19-2014 at 11:15 PM.
    Be active.

Quote Originally Posted by LawAbidingCitizen111 View Post
    Yea I'd rather have cards with information similar to the flyer on them.
    You can get a business card with some general info on it from NCGO

Follow this link and scroll down to the last item of the first post...

http://www.ncgunowners.com/forum/sho....php?tid=10154

Or try these. I just made them up. If you don't like them, you get a full refund of your purchase price...

NC OC Gun Rights Biz Cards

thanks and while i know the rationale for small print, some of us whose arms are too short to be able to focus yet continue to read them, is outstanding...

appreciate.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I love the cards at both links. Question, any plans to update the text now that NC has passed the new gun laws allowing the carry where alcohol is served, funerals, admission, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by LawAbidingCitizen111 View Post
    I love the cards at both links. Question, any plans to update the text now that NC has passed the new gun laws allowing the carry where alcohol is served, funerals, admission, etc?
    Remember, this forum is OC. The newly allowed carry in the places you mention is for CC. No permission slip, no admittance.

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    Remember, this forum is OC. The newly allowed carry in the places you mention is for CC. No permission slip, no admittance.
    Ah crap, I was thinking it was for gun owners in general.

We can still carry OC to restaurants that do not serve more than 51% of their revenue in alcohol though right?

No. Not 1%; not 99%. OC is verboten if alcohol is sold AND consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatting View Post
    No. Not 1%; not 99%. OC is verboten if alcohol is sold AND consumed.
    as noted previously, there is a thread about this very subject somewhere on this forum...might wish to ping WW about the subject. While i was skeptical at first with the argument, now feel the presented information has merit.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    as noted previously, there is a thread about this very subject somewhere on this forum...might wish to ping WW about the subject. While i was skeptical at first with the argument, now feel the presented information has merit.

ipse
    Here you go. Start with WalkingWolf's OC report (#2892), scan those following, but finish with WW's post #2926. That gives his viewpoint in a nutshell. I think.

http://forums.opencarry.org/forums/s...eports/page116
    Last edited by bc.cruiser; 06-20-2014 at 10:32 PM.

tks bc, every time i search the site goes haywire and takes me to tim-buck-2...

ipse