• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Informing the public?

LawAbidingCitizen111

I think I read something somewhere about someone having cards to hand out for uninformed citizens who inquire about our OC guns. Is there something this community prints up where we can buy, or something?

I would love to have a pocket full of cards to hand off to explain rights and direct people to this site that ask about my OC.

Liberty-or-Death

Flyer is not what you are looking for. I'll suggest that you take the key content from the flyer that you want and make your own cards through Vista Print.

μολών λαβέ

Liberty-or-Death

Sorry, I'm from VA, only know of cards for us. Perhaps a NC native can advise you. Otherwise, it's up to you.

μολών λαβέ

Last edited:

solus

thanks and while i know the rationale for small print, some of us whose arms are too short to be able to focus yet continue to read them, is outstanding...

appreciate.

ipse

LawAbidingCitizen111

I love the cards at both links. Question, any plans to update the text now that NC has passed the new gun laws allowing the carry where alcohol is served, funerals, admission, etc?

bc.cruiser

I love the cards at both links. Question, any plans to update the text now that NC has passed the new gun laws allowing the carry where alcohol is served, funerals, admission, etc?

Remember, this forum is OC. The newly allowed carry in the places you mention is for CC. No permission slip, no admittance.:banghead:

solus

No. Not 1%; not 99%. OC is verboten if alcohol is sold AND consumed.

as noted previously, there is a thread about this very subject somewhere on this forum...might wish to ping WW about the subject. While i was skeptical at first with the argument, now feel the presented information has merit.

ipse

bc.cruiser

as noted previously, there is a thread about this very subject somewhere on this forum...might wish to ping WW about the subject. While i was skeptical at first with the argument, now feel the presented information has merit.

ipse

Here you go. Start with WalkingWolf's OC report (#2892), scan those following, but finish with WW's post #2926. That gives his viewpoint in a nutshell. I think.

http://forums.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?65619-NC-OC-experience-reports/page116

Last edited:

solus

tks bc, every time i search the site goes haywire and takes me to tim-buck-2...

ipse