• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokanistan question -

EtdBob

Does the Thomas S. Foley Courthouse in downtown Spokane got lock boxes?
I assume they got metal detectors and all that jazz at the entrance.

My wife got nailed for jury duty, and doesn't want to leave her gun, knife and kubaton behind.

kparker

What NAVYLCDR said. Don't confuse federal courts with state courts (the latter DO have a requirement to provide pistol storage, by state law -- RCW 9.41.300.1(b) -- but this does not (and CANNOT) apply to federal court facilities.

BobR

No, they do not have any provisions for non-Leo to store weapons. You go in through a metal detector. She needs to leave all of that stuff at home, or very secure in the car.

Now, if she has a handicap placard, there is a 30 minute parking spot right across the street from the front entrance, she can legally park there all day without paying, if she has a placard.

bob

Last edited: