Thread: Someone called on in Reno? - 6/18 approx 8:10pm

Someone called on in Reno? - 6/18 approx 8:10pm

Was listening to the scanner up here in Sparks and heard a call go out from the Wingfield Park area in downtown Reno. Dispatch put it out was a "Male waving a 10-32 in the air." 10-32 is the code for gun. Multiple units responded full code (lights and siren) and they even shut down/dedicated one of the radio channels to the call.

About the time the multiple units sounded off that they were en route, dispatcher came back on the line. "Reporting party now states the 10-32 was not being waved around, but was just in his hand at his side. He's speaking with another male." I was kinda pleased to hear the units quickly "downgraded" their response to non-code, reopened their radio channel, and cancelled the excessive units.

When the first one reported "in the area", dispatch came through again and stated "The reporting party has fully recanted their story, the male never pointed the gun at anybody and has now walked away." They put out a description, and the units spent a little time looking around for the guy but I didn't hear if the guy was found or not.

Anyway, just kinda curious if it was someone here. Blonde hair with possibly a beard wearing a powder blue shirt?
    Last edited by jfrey123; 06-19-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Don't worry. I changed the shirt.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by jfrey123 View Post
    Was listening to the scanner up here in Sparks and heard a call go out from the Wingfield Park area in downtown Reno. Dispatch put it out was a "Male waving a 10-32 in the air." 10-32 is the code for gun. Multiple units responded full code (lights and siren) and they even shut down/dedicated one of the radio channels to the call.

About the time the multiple units sounded off that they were en route, dispatcher came back on the line. "Reporting party now states the 10-32 was not being waved around, but was just in his hand at his side. He's speaking with another male." I was kinda pleased to hear the units quickly "downgraded" their response to non-code, reopened their radio channel, and cancelled the excessive units.

When the first one reported "in the area", dispatch came through again and stated "The reporting party has fully recanted their story, the male never pointed the gun at anybody and has now walked away." They put out a description, and the units spent a little time looking around for the guy but I didn't hear if the guy was found or not.

Anyway, just kinda curious if it was someone here. Blonde hair with possibly a beard wearing a powder blue shirt?
    Wonder if they went and arrested the guy for making a false report to 911, costing tax payer money, and just being an idiot? I bet they didn't do anything to the guy.

The caller probably did a quick Google search on "911 abuse and fallse reports penalties".

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Wonder if they went and arrested the guy for making a false report to 911, costing tax payer money, and just being an idiot? I bet they didn't do anything to the guy.
    I wish...

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Don't worry. I changed the shirt.
    Nah! I'll bet you just beamed up. lol

Banned
    ..later in the day...30 corpses arrived at the morgue -all with blue shirts and gunshot victims ...