• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Someone called on in Reno? - 6/18 approx 8:10pm

jfrey123

Was listening to the scanner up here in Sparks and heard a call go out from the Wingfield Park area in downtown Reno. Dispatch put it out was a "Male waving a 10-32 in the air." 10-32 is the code for gun. Multiple units responded full code (lights and siren) and they even shut down/dedicated one of the radio channels to the call.

About the time the multiple units sounded off that they were en route, dispatcher came back on the line. "Reporting party now states the 10-32 was not being waved around, but was just in his hand at his side. He's speaking with another male." I was kinda pleased to hear the units quickly "downgraded" their response to non-code, reopened their radio channel, and cancelled the excessive units.

When the first one reported "in the area", dispatch came through again and stated "The reporting party has fully recanted their story, the male never pointed the gun at anybody and has now walked away." They put out a description, and the units spent a little time looking around for the guy but I didn't hear if the guy was found or not.

Anyway, just kinda curious if it was someone here. Blonde hair with possibly a beard wearing a powder blue shirt?

Last edited:

DocWalker

Was listening to the scanner up here in Sparks and heard a call go out from the Wingfield Park area in downtown Reno. Dispatch put it out was a "Male waving a 10-32 in the air." 10-32 is the code for gun. Multiple units responded full code (lights and siren) and they even shut down/dedicated one of the radio channels to the call.

About the time the multiple units sounded off that they were en route, dispatcher came back on the line. "Reporting party now states the 10-32 was not being waved around, but was just in his hand at his side. He's speaking with another male." I was kinda pleased to hear the units quickly "downgraded" their response to non-code, reopened their radio channel, and cancelled the excessive units.

When the first one reported "in the area", dispatch came through again and stated "The reporting party has fully recanted their story, the male never pointed the gun at anybody and has now walked away." They put out a description, and the units spent a little time looking around for the guy but I didn't hear if the guy was found or not.

Anyway, just kinda curious if it was someone here. Blonde hair with possibly a beard wearing a powder blue shirt?

Wonder if they went and arrested the guy for making a false report to 911, costing tax payer money, and just being an idiot? I bet they didn't do anything to the guy.