• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Liberal calls for false "shots fired" 911 calls on open carriers

wimwag

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://likeomggunsareforlosers.blogspot.com/2014/06/liberal-advocates-getting-open-carriers.html

Libtard Mike Malloy instructs his followers to call 911 and claim "shots fired" in the hope of getting open carriers murdered. He says it's all in his plan to take the Democrat party back to it's "liberal Democrat roots." About what I'd expect from the party that spawns mass murderers like Timothy Dorner and James Holmes.

You forgot John Wayne Gacy ...

Gacy became a Democratic Party candidate ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne_Gacy

If one is per-disposseed to discuss killers political leanings...

OC for ME

So this guy is advocating making false 911 calls, which is a crime, isn't it?
Good question. Case by case basis I guess.

Some jurisdictions apparently have no problem with false 911 calls, meaning, there is no such thing as a false 911 call if it is a OCer being called in to the cops.

WalkingWolf

Depending on statutes where he is at, the dufus must not realize he can be charged with murder if someone dies due to his illegal act.

WalkingWolf

Will you cite an example jurisdiction statute or case law? Contrarywise, some jurisdictions include "good faith" as a defense against abuse.

Depends on the state, if whether inciting a riot is a felony, which yelling gun would be. It may be that making a false police report is a felony also.

In most states if a person dies in the commission of a felony, it does not matter who pulls the trigger they can be charged with murder.

18 U.S.C. § 2101 : US Code - Section 2101: Riots

a) Whoever travels in interstate or foreign commerce or uses any facility of interstate or foreign commerce, including, but not limited to, the mail, telegraph, telephone, radio, or television, with intent - (1) to incite a riot; or (2) to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot; or (3) to commit any act of violence in furtherance of a riot; or (4) to aid or abet any person in inciting or participating in or carrying on a riot or committing any act of violence in furtherance of a riot; and who either during the course of any such travel or use or thereafter performs or attempts to perform any other overt act for any purpose specified in subparagraph (A), (B), (C), or (D) of this paragraph - (!1) Shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. (b) In any prosecution under this section, proof that a defendant engaged or attempted to engage in one or more of the overt acts described in subparagraph (A), (B), (C), or (D) of paragraph (1) of subsection (a) (!2) and (1) has traveled in interstate or foreign commerce, or (2) has use of or used any facility of interstate or foreign commerce, including but not limited to, mail, telegraph, telephone, radio, or television, to communicate with or broadcast to any person or group of persons prior to such overt acts, such travel or use shall be admissible proof to establish that such defendant traveled in or used such facility of interstate or foreign commerce. (c) A judgment of conviction or acquittal on the merits under the laws of any State shall be a bar to any prosecution hereunder for the same act or acts. (d) Whenever, in the opinion of the Attorney General or of the appropriate officer of the Department of Justice charged by law or under the instructions of the Attorney General with authority to act, any person shall have violated this chapter, the Department shall proceed as speedily as possible with a prosecution of such person hereunder and with any appeal which may lie from any decision adverse to the Government resulting from such prosecution. (e) Nothing contained in this section shall be construed to make it unlawful for any person to travel in, or use any facility of, interstate or foreign commerce for the purpose of pursuing the legitimate objectives of organized labor, through orderly and lawful means. (f) Nothing in this section shall be construed as indicating an intent on the part of Congress to prevent any State, any possession or Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia, from exercising jurisdiction over any offense over which it would have jurisdiction in the absence of this section; nor shall anything in this section be construed as depriving State and local law enforcement authorities of responsibility for prosecuting acts that may be violations of this section and that are violations of State and local law. -

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Nowhere is abuse of the emergency call system 911 a felony. An MWAG call may not even be a crime if made in good faith, a decision for the trier of fact and not for this court of public opinion.

There are three standards of innocence and proof.

In criminal court one is presumed innocent lest found guilty beyond reasonable doubt.
In civil court one may be required to maintain innocence by a preponderance of the evidence.
In the court of public opinion, where we play, one may be damned on mere say so.

Yelling 'Gun' is a felony!

BTW misuse is different from making a false police report. Reporting non crimes would be misuses, reporting crimes that are not true is false reporting. It may vary from state to state the punishment, but US code using the telephone to incite a riot would be a felony. A death could cause a charge of murder if a person dies. At the very least the person responsible could be charged with manslaughter.

I am curious, ARE YOU DEFENDING SUCH ACTIONS?

Last edited:

Saxxon

This is a continuing variance on the "SWATting" conducted by liberals against conservative bloggers a dozen or more years ago. It is beyond a reasonable doubt an attempt to put someone's life in jeopardy, and should be prosecuted as assault or attempted murder when it is done.

WalkingWolf

This is a continuing variance on the "SWATting" conducted by liberals against conservative bloggers a dozen or more years ago. It is beyond a reasonable doubt an attempt to put someone's life in jeopardy, and should be prosecuted as assault or attempted murder when it is done.

+1000

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
It should be a felony, as a "shots fired" call causes all nearby available units to go Code 3 to the location and to exit their car with firearms drawn, not knowing what they may be facing. If in transit to the false "shots fired" call they are in a traffic accident, and it can be proven that the call was maliciously false, the caller should be arrested on the spot and charged with a felony.

The only hope is that a "shots fired" situation would normally cause many calls to 911 and if there was only one, the dispatcher may become suspicious ... but I suppose that no matter if it was just one call, the dispatcher would have no choice but to assign the call.

wimwag

Will you cite an example jurisdiction statute or case law? Contrarywise, some jurisdictions include "good faith" as a defense against abuse.

How about we cite Mr. Malloy's very public statement and then point out how he says "the next time" meaning he knows damn well it's a right and therefore legal.

Last edited:

wimwag

Yelling 'Gun' is a felony!

BTW misuse is different from making a false police report. Reporting non crimes would be misuses, reporting crimes that are not true is false reporting. It may vary from state to state the punishment, but US code using the telephone to incite a riot would be a felony. A death could cause a charge of murder if a person dies. At the very least the person responsible could be charged with manslaughter.

I am curious, ARE YOU DEFENDING SUCH ACTIONS?

I'll tell you why. Two reasons. Firstly, because I started an awesome trend with my blog and it has been catchy. He isn't opposed to catching 911 abusers, he is opposed to me because I have three disorderly conduct charges on my record and he tried to make me appear to be committing a crime by claiming I was publishing libel because he is a hypocrite with a longer rap sheet than me. (I have 6 not guilty verdicts plus a landlord sued me and I won mucho money, suck on it Doug!). He failed to make me appear to look like a criminal and it failed so he is sticking to his guns in the hope somebody eventually will agree with him.

Secondly, he is a troll.

wimwag

Nowhere is abuse of the emergency call system 911 a felony. An MWAG call may not even be a crime if made in good faith, a decision for the trier of fact and not for this court of public opinion.

There are three standards of innocence and proof.

In criminal court one is presumed innocent lest found guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

In civil court one may be required to maintain innocence by a preponderance of the evidence.

In the court of public opinion, where we play, one may be damned on mere say so.

Wrong. It is a felony in Wisconsin if 4 are made within a certain period of time.

wimwag

Wisc. Stats. § 256.35(10) PENALTIES. (a) Any person who intentionally dials the telephone number “911” to report an emergency, knowing that the fact situation which he or she reports does not exist, shall be fined not less than $100 nor more than $600 or imprisoned not more than 90 days or both for the first offense and is guilty of a Class H felony for any other offense committed within 4 years after the first offense.

close enough. I got the 4 right.