Thread: Atlas Shrugged: Who is John Galt? to feature Beck, Paul, Wilkow, Norquist, & Hoenig

Atlas Shrugged: Who is John Galt? to feature Beck, Paul, Wilkow, Norquist, & Hoenig

Ron Paul, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity are among the conservative personalities who will appear in the third installment of the “Atlas Shrugged” movie series. Radio talk-show host Andrew Wilkow, Americans for Tax Reform founder Grover Norquist, and Jonathan Hoenig, a hedge fund manager who regularly appear on Fox News, will also be featured in the film, The Hollywood Reporter said.

“These are people who speak to our audience, and all of them have showed an affinity for the book, so it made sense to reach out to them,” producer Harmon Kaslow told THR.

Atlas Shrugged: Who is John Galt?” is based on the final third of Ayn Rand’s 1957 novel, “Atlas Shrugged.” It’s set to premiere on Sept. 12, about seven weeks ahead of the midterm elections.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-shrugged-mov/

"Atlas Shrugged is a fantastic book, but it's much more than a story — it's a philosophy," Paul said. "It's influenced millions of people already and because of its greatness it's going to continue to influence a lot of people."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...g-debut-712922

Yes, a great book, but a trite and incomplete philosophy, Randianism. Objectivism has moved beyond.

http://www.amazon.com/Objective-Know.../dp/0198750242
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The books are long reads, and get a bit tired and even tedious in some sections, but still are far far better then the movies. Still though, I'm looking forward to the final movie in the trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaResident View Post
    The books are long reads, and get a bit tired and even tedious in some sections, but still are far far better then the movies. Still though, I'm looking forward to the final movie in the trilogy.
    Only Atlas Shrugged is particularly long, ~1200 pages in my 35th anniversary edition. The audiobook CD is 52 hours long.

I believe Atlas Shrugged is important enough to have re-read it a number of times and heard on two different trips south. Ayn Rand's oeuvre is significant and important to understand before moving on.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Only Atlas Shrugged is particularly long, ~1200 pages in my 35th anniversary edition. The audiobook CD is 52 hours long.

I believe Atlas Shrugged is important enough to have re-read it a number of times and heard on two different trips south. Ayn Rand's oeuvre is significant and important to understand before moving on.
    I agree. I'll reread in a couple of years. Lots of lessons for people to learn and understand in the massive text.

I haven't read the books, I watched the movies one day when I got bored. My god were they retarded.