Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Prosecutors: Gov. Walker part of criminal scheme

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,620

    Prosecutors: Gov. Walker part of criminal scheme

    http://www.nbc12.com/story/25821108/...riminal-scheme

    Under Wisconsin law, third-party political groups are allowed to work together on campaign activity, but they are barred from coordinating that work with actual candidates. Wisconsin Club for Growth has argued the prohibition does not apply to them because they do not specifically tell people how to vote, or run ads with phrases like "vote for" a certain candidate. The federal judge who halted the investigation and the judge overseeing it both agreed with that argument.

    Walker suggested that the documents mean little or nothing, given that his campaign's position has already prevailed twice in court.

    The uproar over the collective-bargaining law led to the recall, which Walker won, making him the first governor in U.S. history to ever defeat a recall.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    836
    And this has what to do with open carry?

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,620
    Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    And this has what to do with open carry?
    The political position (conservative vs liberal) of these in leadership position has much to do with RKBA and fortells what might be expected of them in certain instances and/or other arenas.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,155

    Heart of John Doe Scott Walker dispute: Arcane, evolving campaign rules

    Two election law professors said the records strongly suggest prosecutors had something though not yet enough to support charges or win conviction to validate further investigation of possible violations of Wisconsin campaign finance law, and were not on the political witch hunt their critics allege.

    Those critics still disagree. They say the new information shows there was no illegal coordinated spending. Ilya Shapiro, from the Cato Institute, called Thursday's developments "sort of a non-story" and a "fishing expedition" that doesn't change anything. Shapiro said the plaintiffs in a civil suit to stop the John Doe supported disclosing even more documents in the case because "there's no evidence of coordinated spending."

    http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...263912141.html

    Even governors may beat the rap - here not even charged - but will not beat the ride by progressive media or the cops.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The political position (conservative vs liberal) of these in leadership position has much to do with RKBA and fortells what might be expected of them in certain instances and/or other arenas.
    Your argument is very weak. Threads with topics twice as strong have been closed due to irrelevance!

    Not only that, while Walker is the best thing we've had in a long time, he is still deeply flawed when it comes to the RKBA. He balked at constitutional carry and there may need to be consequences for that.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    Your argument is very weak. Threads with topics twice as strong have been closed due to irrelevance!

    Not only that, while Walker is the best thing we've had in a long time, he is still deeply flawed when it comes to the RKBA. He balked at constitutional carry and there may need to be consequences for that.
    I think it should be posted in the social thread ..

    Its a non-story as far as political stories go ... people don't understand the law and really don't care; people expect politicians to act like politicians.

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The political position (conservative vs liberal) of these in leadership position has much to do with RKBA and fortells what might be expected of them in certain instances and/or other arenas.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    Your argument is very weak. Threads with topics twice as strong have been closed due to irrelevance!

    Not only that, while Walker is the best thing we've had in a long time, he is still deeply flawed when it comes to the RKBA. He balked at constitutional carry and there may need to be consequences for that.
    You miss my point. That was not an argument; it was a policy statement.

    Further, your last sentence, makes my case for me.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,155

    There is no case except in the Murkee Urinal's Editorial Board agenda.

    Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker brushed off the allegations Friday that he had a hand in an illegal fundraising scheme, saying they are politically motivated and have already been proven as false. Mr. Walker, who is running for re-election and is thought to be pondering a 2016 presidential run, said a state judge and a federal judge looked into the allegations, did not buy them and shut the case down.

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...draising-alle/

    The case has long, perhaps two weeks, been closed, but the MJS sails the River Denial.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member metalman383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Eau Claire WI, ,
    Posts
    283
    Defense: Says Walker was not part of a criminal scheme.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •