• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Prosecutors: Gov. Walker part of criminal scheme

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
http://www.nbc12.com/story/25821108/prosecutors-gov-walker-part-of-criminal-scheme

Under Wisconsin law, third-party political groups are allowed to work together on campaign activity, but they are barred from coordinating that work with actual candidates. Wisconsin Club for Growth has argued the prohibition does not apply to them because they do not specifically tell people how to vote, or run ads with phrases like "vote for" a certain candidate. The federal judge who halted the investigation and the judge overseeing it both agreed with that argument.

Walker suggested that the documents mean little or nothing, given that his campaign's position has already prevailed twice in court.

The uproar over the collective-bargaining law led to the recall, which Walker won, making him the first governor in U.S. history to ever defeat a recall.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
And this has what to do with open carry? :confused:
The political position (conservative vs liberal) of these in leadership position has much to do with RKBA and fortells what might be expected of them in certain instances and/or other arenas.

pkbites

The political position (conservative vs liberal) of these in leadership position has much to do with RKBA and fortells what might be expected of them in certain instances and/or other arenas.

Your argument is very weak. Threads with topics twice as strong have been closed due to irrelevance!

Not only that, while Walker is the best thing we've had in a long time, he is still deeply flawed when it comes to the RKBA. He balked at constitutional carry and there may need to be consequences for that.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Your argument is very weak. Threads with topics twice as strong have been closed due to irrelevance!

Not only that, while Walker is the best thing we've had in a long time, he is still deeply flawed when it comes to the RKBA. He balked at constitutional carry and there may need to be consequences for that.

I think it should be posted in the social thread ..

Its a non-story as far as political stories go ... people don't understand the law and really don't care; people expect politicians to act like politicians.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

You miss my point. That was not an argument; it was a policy statement.

Further, your last sentence, makes my case for me.