• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll: What do you think about Michigan residents openly carrying guns in public?

Hevymetal

Thank you for voting!
No problem. Open-carry advocates are law-biding citizens exercising their Second Amedment rights. 55.48% (410 votes)

Big problem. How can I tell a good guy with a gun from a bad guy with a gun? 39.78% (294 votes)

It should be allowed, but with more restrictions than now. 4.74% (35 votes)

Total Votes: 739

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
As of today, June 20 at 10:28 EDT:

Should gun-owners be able to openly carry a gun in public?
No problem. Open-carry advocates are law-biding citizens exercising their Second Amendment rights. 63.72% (1,514 votes)

Big problem. How can I tell a good guy with a gun from a bad guy with a gun? 29.97% (712 votes)

It should be allowed, but with more restrictions than now. 6.31% (150 votes)

Total Votes: 2,376

audiophile

Voted. Whether you are pro or con OC, one should have the right if one so chooses.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

MI_XD

Voted!

No problem. Open-carry advocates are law-biding citizens exercising their Second Amendment rights. 62.5% (4,241 votes)

Big problem. How can I tell a good guy with a gun from a bad guy with a gun? 30.89% (2,096 votes)

It should be allowed, but with more restrictions than now. 7% (449 votes)

Total Votes: 6,786

MikeTheGreek

Done!

No problem. Open-carry advocates are law-biding citizens exercising their Second Amendment rights. 62.66% (4,797 votes)

Big problem. How can I tell a good guy with a gun from a bad guy with a gun? 30.9% (2,366 votes)

It should be allowed, but with more restrictions than now. 6.44% (493 votes)

Total Votes: 7,656

Michigander

Didn't vote. Our rights are not from the second amendment, they are either God given, or natural, depending on how you want to look at it. It seems like it's nit picking, but we run into an enormous problem when we go on believing that the government can grant us rights.

Discussions of the best way to get away with swimming through tyrannical nonsense such as the maze of MCL's we are faced with is one thing, but as an opinion based pole about people's moral thoughts, it's quite lacking.

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

Voted!

We as citizens should be able to defend ourselves as we see fit. I prefer a rifle or an SBR but I won't carry one into a wall-mart exposed because of the image it portrays to others. However I do carry my P226 exposed as daily carry. Personally I don't care how or if someone defends themselves so long as they don't try to dictate to me how I do so.

Raggs

Should gun-owners be able to openly carry a gun in public?
No problem. Open-carry advocates are law-biding citizens exercising their Second Amendment rights. 64.08% (5,376 votes)

Big problem. How can I tell a good guy with a gun from a bad guy with a gun? 29.63% (2,486 votes)

It should be allowed, but with more restrictions than now. 6.28% (527 votes)