Thread: A new gun law?

A new gun law?

Has anyone heard of a new law....maybe NOT a law just yet....that a person buying a gun cannot transfer it to someone else? Such as in private sales?
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Yes, it is a recent - this week - SCOTUS decision. I'll link it in a moment.

Here is the existing OCDO thread
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...or-third-party

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions...-1493_k5g1.pdf 211 KB 40 pages
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-20-2014 at 01:17 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

There was a SCOTUS decision recently related to straw purchases: http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions...-1493_k5g1.pdf

Maybe that's what you heard about.

I don't think it makes straw purchases any "more illegal." It does seem to set precedent that could be used to prosecute more transactions as straw purchases though. But I am not a lawyer, and I'm not even particularly good at analyzing case law. Perhaps some of our more litigation-minded members can help out. . .
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Hey Running Wolf. I heard about the straw purchase law, but the question asked to me was about private people selling guns here in Kentucky, if that has been changed.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
    Hey Running Wolf. I heard about the straw purchase law, but the question asked to me was about private people selling guns here in Kentucky, if that has been changed.
    Best I know--as an advocate from one state away who crosses your border quite often--is that there were no new firearms regulations passed in Frankfort during the recently-ended session. Certainly none to RESTRICT gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Best I know--as an advocate from one state away who crosses your border quite often--is that there were no new firearms regulations passed in Frankfort during the recently-ended session. Certainly none to RESTRICT gun rights.
    That's what I thought, but the question was asked me by a friend from church, and I didn't really know, so I figured the best way to find out is the forum. After all, who would know more about new gun laws than the good folks on here.

It has been reported that the SCOTUS had ruled in a case that pertained to individual's purchasing guns as gifts for someone else. Which could quite possibly be seen as a type of "Straw Purchase".
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

you'al are reinventing the wheel...
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...58#post2070958

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain