Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Visiting Las Vegas next week

  1. #1
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030

    Visiting Las Vegas next week

    Hey Las Vegas people-

    I am accompanying my wife to the American Library Association convention next week. I was just checking to see what the current "temperature" for OC was in the city, I do have my Colorado CCW. I had heard in the past Metro PD had their panties in a bunch but that things were cooling down and they were adhering to the law.

    Also Jane Fonda will be speaking at the convention, we have a couple spare tickets, anyone want to attend

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    There have been extremely few instances of panties being in a bunch here. Many of us have regularly OC'd before and after these extremely few incidents. The only issues you may face are if you OC in certain types of establishments likes major resorts and casinos. But even the public sidewalks of the Strip and Fremont Strip are OC friendly.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Also Jane Fonda will be speaking at the convention, we have a couple spare tickets, anyone want to attend
    I would be tempted to take you up on that offer - IF you'll help me carry in a bushel or two of ripe tomatoes.

    And/or perhaps we could present her with a one-way ticket to Viet Nam or Moscow. No doubt she would fit in and live happily ever after there.

  4. #4
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    There have been extremely few instances of panties being in a bunch here. Many of us have regularly OC'd before and after these extremely few incidents. The only issues you may face are if you OC in certain types of establishments likes major resorts and casinos. But even the public sidewalks of the Strip and Fremont Strip are OC friendly.
    Thanks, I have heard that things had quieted down but these things tend to ebb and flow and wasn't sure of current conditions.

    varminter22-

    That had crossed my mind.
    Last edited by F350; 06-22-2014 at 04:51 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524
    Just an FYI, the meetings etc. are being held at the Las Vegas Convention Center which is a NO GUNS zone. It is a crime to carry concealed in that building.

    Ken

  6. #6
    Regular Member z28power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyKen View Post
    Just an FYI, the meetings etc. are being held at the Las Vegas Convention Center which is a NO GUNS zone. It is a crime to carry concealed in that building.

    Ken
    This would ONLY be true for CC - in which case you would be breaking the law. OC should, strictly legally speaking, be OK, though.

    NRS statutes state that as a public building, the signs would only make it illegal to CC, and only if posted at every entrance. As we have seen with the DMV, if you Open Carry state preemption SHOULD have you covered. NRS 202.3673 is specific to Concealed carry of firearms, and does not limit the right to Open Carry.

    That being said, it's probably much like the Sunset Park debacle. You could probably beat the case, but would not avoid either being illegally asked to leave, or would be arrested if you refused. As a public building they wouldn't be able to trespass you if you have legitimate business to be there. If you were arrested you could then probably beat the case - but most don't really want the hassle to find out if what SHOULD happen, WOULD happen.
    Last edited by z28power; 06-24-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •